PDA

View Full Version : New Bessey Clamp at Rockler

Don Bullock
10-13-2008, 11:32 PM
These new Beseys look interesting. Anyone try them?

http://images.rockler.com/rockler/images/29732-02-500.jpg

Bessey DuoKlamp, One Hand Clamp w/ Spreader

Chuck Tringo
10-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Ive seen them at lowes, look very plasticky and cheap compared to most Besseys, I would avoid them.

glenn bradley
10-13-2008, 11:40 PM
They've been around quite a while. Ditto Chuck's response. It's only a few dollars more for something you will use for decades.

Ed Balaschak
10-14-2008, 3:23 AM
I have 4 of them. 12" model. Had them for almost 2 years. They perform well for their lighter duty purposes...same as other 1 handed Quik Grip pistol types that I have from American Clamp company/Irwin. The plastic is very tough and I have cranked on them to do some simple lamination glue ups. Used them quite a lot with no failures.

The only issue is that the small "switch" that is used to change from Clamp to spreader mode can move during a hard release when in the clamp mode. Minor bug... I like these clamps and plan to buy more.

Looks can be deceiving. They were less costly than the competition when Lowes was having a sale.

Ed

Ken Milhinch
10-14-2008, 6:48 AM
Not sure how "new" they are. I have had about a dozen of them for at least two years. I use them all the time and you would be surprised how much pressure then can exert. I also have plenty of K body clamps, but these are lighter and suitable for drawers and smaller cabinets. There is nothing "cheap & plasticy" about them.