PDA

View Full Version : small pecan bowl

Ken Glass
10-13-2008, 9:28 AM
Hey Gang,
Here is a small Pecan bowl I turned from green, DNA'd and just finished turned. It is 6" in diameter and 3-1/2" tall. It is Beall buffed only. Thanks for looking. The lighting is not as it should be and doesn't show the great color variations. I probably need to find a better method of showing, but don't want to go to a lot of trouble and expense. Any easy/low cost ideas?

Bernie Weishapl
10-13-2008, 9:43 AM
Great looking bowl Ken. Like the simply form and just buffing looks good. Can't help ya with the photo's as I am having my own problems with lack of setup room and expense.

Steve Schlumpf
10-13-2008, 4:42 PM
Nice looking bowl Ken!

A great place to start when it comes to photos is: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=57168 Should give you lots of ideas. Also lots of info on this forum that some searches should locate for you. And - there is a whole series on photos by Brian Brown.

If you need more - let me know!

Ken Glass
10-13-2008, 7:04 PM
Does anyone have a tent similar to these two. They seem to have everything I might need. One is 16x16, and the other one is 24x24. They have three backgrounds and a camera stand in addition to two lights and a carrying case. The one on the left is $44 and on the right is $54. Both with free shipping. It seems like a small price to get set up so quickly. I figured making one, but after considering the trips to get parts, etc., I figured this seems like a good alternative. I have a Fuji S5200, so I think it takes good enough pictures with 5.2 mega pixels. I am just looking to take better pictures of turnings mostly. What are your thoughts.
I have kind of turned this into a different post, but hopefully, one everyone wishing to take better pictures of turnings can benefit from.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-13-2008, 7:31 PM
Ken,

Gorgeous bowl!

I just ordered a photo tent and lights from Amazon on Saturday. I was PMing with Brian Brown. He said they would work but the one I chose might have a minor problem but he thought he could give me some hints to reduce the problem.

I'm photographically challenged.....:o