PDA

View Full Version : Creekers Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
10-13-2008, 6:51 AM
13 Oct 2008
Good Morning,

Been a hectic week at the day job and I've been preparing for a Disaster Recovery Exercise for one of our customers. I find it interesting that some customer realize the benefit of a recovery exercise while others hope to "slip by" without one. Some learn the lesson the hardware while others just have an understanding that it's just necessary.

Finally got plenty of firewood for the winter and still have a lot to be split and stacked. It's amazing how much wood one can find when they really start looking hard for wood.

The temps are cooler now and so is my shop. I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks to get back in the shop and get that kitchen table done for my neighbor down the street. I have other things to get done as well, I just need the time to do them. But, I guess I'm the only one that has that kind of problem hugh?.

That's it for me so far.....so what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Art Mulder
10-13-2008, 7:47 AM
Pretty good weekend here also, beautiful sunny and warm.

Saturday morning I met our new biking group and put in a 50km fun ride.

Saturday afternoon I got back into the shop and cut out all the drawer sides for the tall dresser I've been building (for far too long!) for #2 son. It was great to make some big progress, as this project has been dragging on too long.

later made pizza for the kids and there was much rejoicing.

Sunday we went over to our friend (and pastor)'s house for the afternoon to enjoy a big turkey dinner -- It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.

And the weather looks to continue warm for a fair chunk of this week.

Jim Dunn
10-13-2008, 7:47 AM
Played with the grandkids alot. Not much wwing this summer as it's to nice outside, between the rain showers:)

alex grams
10-13-2008, 8:40 AM
Got a good couple of days in the garage in. Bought about 150bd ft of walnut/cherry for a decent (to me) price. When the cheapest retail price of cherry and walnut around here is 6$/bd-ft+tax, you take all you can find at 5$/bd-ft.

Got new cabinets in the garage put in place, tore out the old monsters that were horribly inefficient.

Relaxed, cleaned. etc...

Jim Becker
10-13-2008, 9:10 AM
Horsie things on Saturday along with mowing the lawn. Sunday, I assembled a couple of Ikea bookshelves to take care of an immediate organizational need and spent the rest of the day jockeying PowerPoint slides for a customer meeting I have this week. No shop time, obviously....

Joe Mioux
10-13-2008, 9:19 AM
worked at work all weekend... well almost. Changed the poly roofs on two greenhouses on Sat. I hate that job!

Started Sunday at 5:30 am worked off and on until 2:30pm there, got home mowed the yard, at 4:00pm got a call from a customer that needed something for her Aunt's funeral. So that took an hour.

what else?

Oh yea! turned my first two pens! that was fun.

joe

Dennis Peacock
10-13-2008, 11:44 AM
what else?

Oh yea! turned my first two pens! that was fun.

joe

Congrats on the pen turning Joe.!!!!! Just need pics. :)

Steve Clardy
10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Plenty of shop time saturday. Then a late evening hay ride with some folks.

Sunday it was firewood cutting and stacking brush. I think I got more brush cleared and stacked than firewood though. Have about 3 pickup bed trailer loads on the ground to pick up yet. Quit about 5 as I was too pooped to load it and stack it up.

Maurice Ungaro
10-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Worked my tail end off at our church bazaar - myself and two other guys cooked 300 lbs. of BBQ chicken, 15 gallons of cole slaw & 15 gallons of baked beans. We sold it all.

My mini gloat is that at the church sale, I bought a slab of mahogany (9/4 x 10.25" x 60") & 3 pieces of mahogany paneling (2/4 x 4.5" x 60") ALL FOR $7.00.
I know there's a night stand in there for my bride, as our bed is mahogany too!

Also, spent some quality time yesterday afternoon straightening up my shop. Still a ways to go.

Ed Sallee
10-13-2008, 1:09 PM
Finished up a box - pics posted over in the Projects forum..... it was an experiment in dying... for sure.

Turned out pretty good, I think.

Bill Huber
10-13-2008, 2:39 PM
I shot the weeding rehearsal with no problems, got the images all done and ready to go.

Did a bunch of air show shooting and got some good ones I think, have them all done and on file. I did get a nice sun burn out of it but then I guess I need to ware a hat or find some more hair for the top of my head.

Shoot the wedding Saturday evening and then the reception afterwards, now the wedding is the last one I will ever shoot, I do keep saying that but ......

Sunday I didn't have to work the air show so I did get to spend some time in the shop, got another chair almost done. I made some jigs to help make the chairs go together a lot faster, no measuring, just use the jig to set the boards were they need to be.

Here are some air show shots.

98550 98551

Tyler Howell
10-13-2008, 3:02 PM
Hey Dennis,
A lot of fire wood on my property too. Pretty well fixed for this winter.
Tour guide and host was my job this weekend.
After lots of cleaning and fix up, I welcomed my baby and her new fiance'.
Hit all the hot spots for a town of 4K and tromped around in the woods.
Attended a live radio broadcast and won an all expenses weekend to a great resort town that I use to frequent.

Sent them on there way and then an old girl friend stopped bye for some food and conversation.
Once again the grand tour. Good weekend glad to see them and glad to have it quiet again.
Finally some shop time.
Be safe,