PDA

View Full Version : How do you do this?

Wesley Perreira
10-13-2008, 3:32 AM
I really new to the biz and been getting familiar with Corel. I can do basic stuff, but I saw this picture frame on the web and noticed that the background was removed and the text was left. Sort of reversed. I know it must be something really simple but I haven't figured it out. It looks really cool with the opposite corners being reversed.

John Noell
10-13-2008, 4:21 AM
The effect is easily achieved by putting a black box behind text which you fill with white. The laser rasters out the black but leaves the white text (or graphic).

Mike Null
10-13-2008, 6:33 AM
That's the answer.

martin g. boekers
10-13-2008, 9:07 AM
I do this for name tags and plates out of wood thins.
They go well in military shadowboxes and it makes for different style plates that look good esp. on darker composite wood. (cheap, but higher perceived value) It is best though on thin wood to seal them or attach a sheet of metal to the back to limit warping.

I also have a client that brings in wall clocks that are made to look like a car tire. I use the real thin black with white core plastic. burn away the black to leave white letters, then cut it to fit the tire side wall.

It looks pretty cool and makes a unique gift especially for car fans.
I would offer them myself but haven't found a wholesaler (just Walmart)

There so much you can do with the same tools material and a little bit of creativity!

Marty