PDA

View Full Version : Chinese engraver and PWM settings

Marko Milosavljevic
10-12-2008, 5:33 AM
Hi to all!

I have chinese engraver with 80w tube, 1290 clone model and 6515 controller using Lasercut 5.1 software. I cannot figure out how to control PWM settings in software, no matter how do I change them I always get same results. Default value is 20000. I was trying values ranging from 1 to 50000 but no changes.
Does anybody have any idea how to control this? My problem is when I cut some kind of foam (in my country we call it EVA foam) for making key-chain tags (sorry for my bad english) I get very charred and dirt edges. I know that when using Epilog or GCC laser you can change PPI values and hope that PWM setting have the same effect on chinese lasers.

Thanks in advance

Mike Null
10-12-2008, 7:03 AM
Marko

Sorry I can't be of any help but welcome to SawMill Creek.

John Barton
10-15-2008, 8:10 AM
FORGET IT. I tried to find this same answer a few weeks ago. I live in China and we called the company that makes the LaserCut software and found out that the PPI function on LaserCut's software is disabled for all glass tube lasers.

For EVA though you should be able to find an acceptable balance of speed and power. We cut EVA all the time with no charring.

Of course just because we get certain results on ours doesn't mean you can get it on your laser. I hate this machine but for $6000 it still does quite a bit, just costs a lot more in headaches.

Marko Milosavljevic
10-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks for your answer. Can you tell me what settins do you use, because in combining parameters of speed and power I think I got really lost.