PDA

View Full Version : Biscuit cutter follow-up

Lynn Sonier
05-18-2004, 5:01 PM
A couple of months back, I posted complaining that my biscuits were too loose in the slots. I found that all three sizes were loose, with the #10's and #0's being Porter Cable.
I removed the blade and lay it on a piece of 320 sandpaper and then moved it in a circle for a while. I put it back in, found it still a little too loose, and removed the blade and sanded it some more. I found that all of the carbide teeth were being equally ground so I know the blade is flat.
Bottom line - I think I removed just a little too much. My PC biscuits fit snug but my #20's are a little too snug.
Enjoying reading all you people's postings. Keep up the good work.

Tyler Howell
05-18-2004, 5:11 PM
Good Answer Lynn! TX for sharing.

Daniel Rabinovitz
05-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Lynn
Bite the biscuit - or is it bite the bullet - in any event try squeezing the biscuit in a vise before inserting them.
Here in the humidity of southwestern PA were go from loose to tight all during the year. Besides our biscuits are made of flour and eggs and water and a little coffee for flavoring so we bite them.
Daniel :D

Chris Padilla
05-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Daniel,

His biscuits were all too loose...not too fat.... :)

Hal Flynt
05-19-2004, 2:04 PM
I had a problem with my PC too with the slots being too big. I read the following and ordered the new flange (Click on Slot too wide).

http://www.huntfamily.com/pc557.cfm

I have a type 1

It fixed my problem. What you were doing to the blade is what I ended up doing to my original flange and got the same results as the replacement.

On the same page you will see the face to fence problem.

I also shimmed out my face even with the fence and like the results. I used some thin aluminum and anti slip tape to shim.

Lynn Sonier
05-19-2004, 5:14 PM
I neglected to mention the afore-mentioned biscuit cutter is a Ryobi. I'll remember the tip about running the biscuits through a vise. Doesn't that squeeze out all the butter and jelly????

Chris Padilla
05-19-2004, 5:35 PM
Yep...just place your mouth under the vise.... :p

Daniel Rabinovitz
05-20-2004, 4:51 PM
Bottom line - I think I removed just a little too much. My PC biscuits fit snug but my #20's are a little too snug.

Chris
Lynn said the the biscuits are snuggling. So to reduce snugness, I suggested compression by mouth or vise. Hence jelly squeeze-out. :D
Daniel ;)