PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions Re. the Delta 1460

Terry Neumann
10-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone. I just finished reassembling it today. Got a new belt and remounted the motor which was never properly aligned, As to centers, I have seen the "steb copy" centers that PSI tools has. Is this a good choice for a newby? Or what should I start out with? The centers that were with the lathe were damaged. I have a 3" faceplate mount for the inside and a 6" faceplate mount for the outside that came with it. I need everything else though. Think I will start with the PSI turning set as even on Ebay, used stuff is selling for more than it should considering the economy. I'm surprised woodworker suppliers aren't having sales by now to try and move merchandise considering this mess we're in.:eek:

Bernie Weishapl
10-11-2008, 2:05 PM
I have the PSI steb center and their $59.95 set of turning tools now for almost 3 yrs. Both have served me well and even though I have bought some high dollar tools now I still find myself reaching for most of them when turning. There are none in the set I haven't used like a lot of others. I have their 1/2" revolving steb center and their 1/2" plus the 1" drive steb centers. They do work pretty well. I also have their tailstock center with the 60 deg point for turning pens. It fits into the end of the mandrel.

Scott Conners
10-11-2008, 11:17 PM
I love my PSI steb centers, they recently changed the 5/8" one (my order was delayed as they changed) to have more teeth, making it that much more awesome. I'd get myself one or both of those, and a revolving center that has at least a point and cup; threads to make my own wood points are even better. I plan on buying something similar to this one asap: http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Lathe_Accessories___Revolving_Centers___Oneway_Rev olving_Center___1way_revolv_center?Args= (nova makes a cheaper similar option).

Terry Neumann
10-12-2008, 6:13 PM
Thanks Bernie and Scott.

I will order them. Can't wait to try the lathe. Got to finish some shop construction first before it gets cold though so I have a tropical place to work.