PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question

Tom Cullen
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help with what maybe a settings or tools question in Corel draw. I'm doing an award for first place in a chili cook off but when I type in ( first place numerically ) the 1st is as seen here , side by side. How can I make it so the ( st ) is smaller and at the top of the number 1. Hope this makes sense?

Thanks
Tom

Anthony Welch
10-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Go to the arrange tab, break text apart. Group the "st" together, grab corner handle and make as small as you like. While grouped together, nudge it up where you want it.

Anthony

Paul Brinkmeyer
10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
That works.
Option #2
Highlight the st in text mode
go to character formating / postion / make it super script

There are many ways to do the same thing.

Joseph B. Chritz
10-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi Tom,
It seems that there should be an easy way to make a superscript, but I couldn't find it.
To make the st smaller select the text you want to alter and change the font size.
To shift it up select the text and in the menu at the top click on TEXT then FORMAT TEXT.

Tom Cullen
10-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Thank you Anthony , that work out great.

Tom

Tom Cullen
10-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Thank you Anthony , that worked out great.

Tom

Anthony Welch
10-11-2008, 12:17 PM
You're welcome, but I heard you the first time. ; )

Anthony

Scott Shepherd
10-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Just to add to what Paul said, it's under Character Formatting docker, under the "Character Effects" section, then on the "Position" field, it will say "None". Click the drop down box, it'll show "None, Subscript, Superscript". Pick "Superscript" and it'll get you there.

Just make sure you have highlighted the "st" prior to doing all this, or it'll change all your selected text.