PDA

View Full Version : Has it been discontinued?

Brian Brown
10-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Normally for gluing my segmented pieces, I use titebond II, but when I use dark woods I have used Elmers for dark woods. Lately I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know if the Elmers for dark woods has been discontinued? If so, how does Titebond for dark woods compare to Titebond II?

Harvey Mushman
10-12-2008, 8:56 AM
I prefer Original Titebond to Titebond II. TB II has a slight "creep" factor associated with it. I've noticed this with several guitars that I used it on. Stick with the Original Titebond and Original TB Dark if you don't need the glue to be "waterproof".....(as if that is an absolute!)

So far, Titebond III is looking pretty good. I used it to glue up some Birds Eye Maple cutting boards....So far, so good.

Use Original TB Dark and you'll be in good shape.

H.

Bernie Weishapl
10-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Brian I think the Titebond original for dark wood is as good as Elmers. I have used both and IMHO I don't see really any difference.

Jeff Fender
10-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Brian,

I use TB III for all my exterior projects. It has a longer working time, which for me is essential since most of my work is bent laminated oak that needs adjusting before it gets strapped down. The TB III dries to a dark brown. I love the stuff.

Brian Brown
10-19-2008, 12:27 AM
I got an email from Elmers, and the Dark Wood glue has been discontinued. I have searched this town over, and cannot find any Titebond for dark wood. Even my pro supplier doesn't carry it. Where is a good place to find good fresh Titebond?

Ken Fitzgerald
10-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Brian,

If you'd like, I'll check my local resources for some dark Elmers. I don't know that I've ever seen dark Titebond locally. I use the Titebond .

Ken Fitzgerald
10-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Brian,

I also finished that maple burl NE I had sitting in the shop. The bark is drying now and I'll use it to post some photos using my new photo tent for your critique tomorrow.

Keith Christopher
10-19-2008, 12:57 PM
I got an email from Elmers, and the Dark Wood glue has been discontinued. I have searched this town over, and cannot find any Titebond for dark wood. Even my pro supplier doesn't carry it. Where is a good place to find good fresh Titebond?

I order mostly online.

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/DARK-WOOD-GLUE/Titebond-Dark-Wood-Glue