PDA

View Full Version : 314 Trim Saw Heritage Edition

Jack Clay
10-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Dose anybody know anything about the Porter Cable #314 Trim Saw Heritage Edition?

John Callahan
10-11-2008, 7:49 AM
It's the same Model 314 but it has a polished exterior instead of a painted one. PC has done the Heritage thing with several of their old line tools- 505H sander, Model 100H router (I have two) among others- about five years ago iirc. The H after the Model # denotes that it's a "Heritage Edition". Same tool, prettier looks. As for the 314 itself, imho it's one heck of a little saw. Compact, light, well balanced, and powerful for it's size. Had some condo projects earlier this year where we had to modify some already installed cabinets for double ovens, the 314 was just the ticket. Great saw for cutting up sheet goods too. Blades aren't available everywhere so I'd keep some spares on hand. And fwiw, if it's a Heritage Edition it was made in Jackson, Tennessee. B&D moved PC production to Mexico.

lowell holmes
10-11-2008, 7:59 AM
I have one. It is my second one. The first (my father's saw from the 70's) was stolen. When Dewalt took PC over, I went out and bought a new one while they were still available. I'm glad to here they are continuing the line. I guess they have more common sense than I gave them credit for. :-) Mine is not the 314H. It is the painted one.

J. Z. Guest
10-11-2008, 7:59 AM
It's the same Model 314 but it has a polished exterior instead of a painted one. ... And fwiw, if it's a Heritage Edition it was made in Jackson, Tennessee. B&D moved PC production to Mexico.

Well, the fact that it is American-made would be much more important to me than the polished up exterior. ;)

Jack Clay
10-15-2008, 8:20 AM
Are all the cases aluminum? I have not used one and looking at the pictures I thought they were plastic. Can you get blades for them?

Dino Makropoulos
10-15-2008, 9:26 AM
Are all the cases aluminum? I have not used one and looking at the pictures I thought they were plastic. Can you get blades for them?

Hi Jack.
Yes. All the cases are aluminum.
The motor is a worm drive. Less noice more torgue.
The only right blade worm drive CS ever made.

Here is mine slicing thru 3/4" ply.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLdMtNVMFl8