PDA

View Full Version : SWMBO Gloat

Dave Richards
05-18-2004, 9:30 AM
Kari and I were talking about doing some remodeling in our kitchen the other night. She told me I could buy her some of the Festool equipment and she would let me use it whenever I want.

I'd just like to thank a certain Wisconsinite for corrupting my bride. :D

I think I'd really be the one using the tools. She just likes the modular case design and the way the pieces lock together. I told her I'd be happy to get her some tools but I need to get some storage cabinets built in the shop first.

Now, where do I start? Dust extractor and circular saw? Sander? Which one? My head is spinning! :D

Tyler Howell
05-18-2004, 9:50 AM
Good Answer, Good Answer. Buy it for her, you get to use it. I'll remember that one.:D

Chris Padilla
05-18-2004, 10:57 AM
{hands rubbing together and evil grin on face} So whatcha gonna get, Dave? :D

Joe Suelter
05-18-2004, 11:43 AM
You've got to be the luckiest guy on the planet!!!!!!!! Remember this next time she needs something!!

John Miliunas
05-18-2004, 1:33 PM
I'd just like to thank a certain Wisconsinite for corrupting my bride. :D

Hmmm...What ever could you be talkin' about?! :D Now, for what to get first. Well, if you don't have a quiet vac, I think I'd start there. Don't get me wrong; I like my Fein Mini just fine, but it has certain limitations, which are overcome by the Festool units. Seeing as to how you're in the "building mode", I'd probably opt for the ATF saw WITH the vac. You're "killing two birds with one stone" that way. Both of those tools are still on my own list! Then, one can't hardly build cabinets without having a nice surface to finish. It's Festool sander time! :D Oh yeah...I could go on, but let's stop there. For now. Until you need to cutout those openings for the pipes and counter-top. Then, we'll talk about jigsaws! What's that you say? Oh, you need to get some brackets screwed in, but don't seem to have enough room? You say the screws need to be right next to the edge of that inside corner? Hmmmm....Might a Festool cordless drill with their exclusive eccentric chuck do the trick? :D OK, ok....I'll stop now! Have fun with it, Dave. You've got yourself one mighty fine lady there! :) She obviously has good taste! :cool:

Jim Becker
05-18-2004, 7:36 PM
The answer to your main question (what to buy...) is "yes".:D You might want to talk with Mr. Marino and see what combinations would work out best for the budget your bride is providing/err....approving.

Dave Richards
05-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys. Maybe I'll just let her pick them out. She did a nice job with the Legacy Mill. She said I should first order a detail sander but I didn't see one in the Festool collection. I think she's a little too bright to fall for a random orbital sander as a detail sander and I know I couldn't get her to believe the circular saw is one. :D

Chris Padilla
05-19-2004, 12:12 PM
You mean this? :D

Dave Richards
05-19-2004, 12:19 PM
There goes the bank account. :rolleyes:

Thanks Chris.