PDA

View Full Version : Omnijig storage

alex grams
10-10-2008, 9:31 AM
I have the 24" omnijig, and while very happy with the product, I seem to not be able to find a good way to store the big dang thing out of the way.

Anyone got any good unique suggestions? The best I could come up with is when I build a workbench I put a wide drawer in it that I can mount the thing on and slide back into the cabinet under the bench.

Is there a secure way to hang the thing on the wall? Maybe just make a shelf on the wall with enough weight support so you could put it up there, clamp it to the shelf out of the way and leave it?

Thanks in advance.

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
I hung my Leigh D4 on a wall and left the OmniJug on the table I first put it on. It's kind of heavy If you hang it you better use a big hook.

After using 'em a couple of times I got to wondering if I would be happier building a little tower for them so the router was higher up maybe at shoulder height.
Haven't tried it yet though

Matt Benton
10-10-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. Bought the 24" a couple of months ago, but haven't used it yet.

I was thinking about a hinged base that is attached to the wall on one side, and could fold down when not in use, like an outfeed table. Not sure how stable it would be, but could definitely save space. Maybe drawers built into the base to store all of the accessories?

Bruce Page
10-10-2008, 12:32 PM
What is the overall length of your 24" Omnijig?
I went to a local salvage yard a bought a heavy industrial storage cabinet with 2 doors & 5 shelves for $65. It stores my 16” Omnijig, Delta spindle sander, and a bunch of other stuff that I want to keep reasonably clean and out of the way.

Calvin Crutchfield
10-10-2008, 1:01 PM
When I had a leigh D4 I had it mounted on a box of sorts. It has appropriate holes in it, and I used one of those bicycle lifts.

like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Racor-Ceiling-Mounted-Bike-Lift-PBH-1R/dp/B00006JBL3/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1223662168&sr=8-2

William OConnell
10-10-2008, 2:07 PM
Like every thing else in my shop its on a cabinet on casters I built with 3) 14" drawers for all kinds of stuff. The cabinet its on is 49" high. I made it that high for big drawers wich I make alot of. Its also a comfortable height for me when I'm doing drawers all day.

Ron Bontz
10-11-2008, 2:12 AM
Well I built boxes with casters on them for mine. I have the PC 7216 and the leigh D4. I'll try to add the pics. 1/2" ply with dovetail keyed corners. Includes storage for templates, bits etc. I got the idea from some one else online. It works well for me. I have a bunch of pics but I only have dial up.:o

William OConnell
10-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Well I built boxes with casters on them for mine. I have the PC 7216 and the leigh D4. I'll try to add the pics. 1/2" ply with dovetail keyed corners. Includes storage for templates, bits etc. I got the idea from some one else online. It works well for me. I have a bunch of pics but I only have dial up.:o

Very nice Ron. :):):):):):):)