PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Engraving

bob pfohler
10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I've been doing quite a few name tags lately.
When I raster close to the left edge I'm getting cloudy results on the first letter of the line of text?

Bill Cunningham
10-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Try cutting a 2" 'L' shaped Square, and set it in the corner rulers.. This will move your part two inches out and down, then position your file on the corel page to reflect the new 2" position.. I use this quite often just so I don't have to work in dark corners:rolleyes:

Scott Shepherd
10-10-2008, 6:22 AM
Many brands of machines will not engrave at 100% speed to the very edges of the table. The machine has to slow down to change directions and that change is reflected in the engraving at the very edge.

You can resolve it by slowing the speed down or, as Bill said, move it over.

Not sure if that's your issue, but it is a real issue that many manufactures have. I know Trotec markets the fact that their machine can engrave 100% speed all the way to the very edges of the table size.

Mike Null
10-10-2008, 6:47 AM
I agree with the others. You are in the "ramp up/down" area of the raster motion and many machines will not engrave at full power right up to the edge.

Trotec may make the claim but I find that on certain settings, particularly high power, moderate speed where I am trying to achieve more depth, engraving close to the left edge is risky. Since I always try to leave a margin on my engraved images this is usually not a problem.

I never run into the problem with name tags and I use the material right up to within less than a quarter inch of the rule.

Trotec does have a setting will will eliminate this issue but it causes the raster motion to go to the limits of the x axis thus taking considerable more time.