PDA

View Full Version : British Phone Booths

Robert Meyer
10-09-2008, 11:41 AM
My church is located across from the Georgia Ports in Savannah. We have a seaman's ministry with two chaplains. One of the seaman's greatest needs in a port far from home is communication with loved ones. We have created a communication room in our church for seaman to communicate via telephone and email. The chaplains desired 3 phone booths that would be large enough to sit inside comfortably and be out of the ordinary. I designed these booths modeled after British Telephone booths but with folding doors necessary for the tight space. The carrels house desktop computers with a wireless network. The seaman in the picture is from the Ukraine. These booths and carrels have eaten up most of the summer, now I can get busy building a cherry entertainment center this winter.

Darren Salyer
10-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm looking to do much the same outside my home theater doors. Any in progress pics?

Scott Kilroy
10-09-2008, 2:43 PM
Very cool. Great idea.

Jason Tuinstra
10-09-2008, 5:34 PM
Very cool! What a great opportunity you have to be a help to these men. Thanks for all your work. Great job.

Mike McCann
10-09-2008, 6:15 PM
They look great. You just need Dr Who to show up.

John Eaton
10-09-2008, 6:31 PM
Yeah if one ends up missing you can guess it was a tardis.

-- John

John Thompson
10-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Nice job and clever idea, Robert. Reminds me of my two trips to Australia and very fond memories once apon a time when I was young.

Well done...

Sarge..

Karl Brogger
10-10-2008, 3:32 PM
I've been planning on building the same thing. No real reason, it would just be decorative, and I think it would be a neat project.

Norman Pyles
10-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah if one ends up missing you can guess it was a tardis.

-- John
Good thing they are not painted blue, or Dr Who would be all over them. :cool: