PDA

View Full Version : Slatwall source?

Jim Kirkpatrick
10-09-2008, 9:44 AM
Does anyone have a good source for slatwall panels?

Don Bullock
10-09-2008, 9:58 AM
There are many places that sell Slatwall and similar systems on the Internet and I'm sure that you have a local building supply place that can order them for you. In my opinion they are too expensive for my purposes. Some people have reported that they have bought them from businesses that are going out of business at a much better price. Craig's List and your local PennySaver type paper may turn up some deals for you. If I decide to use Slatwall in my new shop/garage that's where I plan to look for some.

Chris Padilla
10-09-2008, 2:12 PM
I nuked the posts born out due to someone not being so nice so this thread gets a second chance.

Thanks! :)

walter stellwagen
10-09-2008, 3:01 PM
WWW.productiveworkspace.com

Rob Bodenschatz
10-09-2008, 3:15 PM
I nuked the posts born out due to someone not being so nice so this thread gets a second chance.

Thanks! :)

So there's no penalty for being a jerk around here. Good for me I guess.

Jim Becker
10-09-2008, 3:32 PM
Jim, Don is correct that you'll want to try and find used material first if you can...it can often be had for pennies on the dollar and sometimes is just headed to the dumpster, otherwise.

Jim Kirkpatrick
11-17-2008, 1:12 PM
Just an update. Linen's and Things retail stores are going out of business nationwide. Nice 4'x8' sheets with wood grain veneer and brushed aluminum inserts can be had for $50/ sheet. They also have all kinds of shelving and baskets for $5 each. I reserved 6 sheets my self. Just FYI

Jim O'Dell
11-17-2008, 7:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Jim. I could use some hangers and such.
I don't think you want to try to mail order the slatwall unless you mail order a router bit and make your own. We're talking MDF and it's really heavy. Mine is in chunks, instead of sheets, but the price was right....FREE! I still can't believe the previous owner used it for wainscoting in the shop, turned vertically. Then mounted pegboard above it. :confused: It does have it's limits though, one is I bet there is a weight limit you can hang on it, though I don't know what the limit would be. Jim.