PDA

View Full Version : Trip report -- new Woodcraft in Ventura, CA

Tom Henderson2
10-08-2008, 8:05 PM
I visited the new Woodcraft in Ventura, CA this afternoon.

The folks working there were pleasant and helpful, and didn't mind that I was "just looking" today. They were very attentive and helpful when I had questions, but never gave me the hard-sell or otherwise bugged me.

It is a very nice store; large and bright with a very good inventory. I was chatting with another patron, and he commented that this store was quite a bit larger and had more inventory than the Orange County, CA store, which is the only other Woodcraft in SoCal.

What's not to like?

I'm not sure how many other Creekers are in the Ventura area, but if you are I think we have a nice store nearby.

-Tom H.
PS -- no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, shape or form other than as a customer that is delighted to have a local source for woodworking stuff.

Frank Hagan
10-08-2008, 8:19 PM
I haven't been able to visit yet, and I'm leaving town for a week tomorrow, so I won't be able to get in there until a week from Saturday! I did stop by on Sunday night as they were making their final adjustments for opening on Monday, but could only look through the window and drool.

Nice to hear that they are well stocked; it looked like it from my vantage point.