PDA

View Full Version : George Washington's Mount Vernon Project

Richard Allen
05-17-2004, 2:37 PM
Hi

A couple of months ago I had the oportunity to participate in a woodturning club project. Many of us were given some White Ash for George Washington's Mount Vernon. The wood was a branch from a tree that George Washington planted in 1795. The project was to turn 30 pieces from this wood so that the good people who run Mount Vernon could provide unique gifts to those who are patrons of Mount Vernon. We had two months to complete the project.

I took a lot of pictures at the club meeting of these objects. I made a website of these pictures:

Pictorial of Mt. Vernon Project (http://www.gyniahouse.com/caw/Mt_Vernon/)

Thanks

Chris Padilla
05-17-2004, 3:11 PM
Richard,

Very nice...which one are you in the picture? :)

Carl Eyman
05-17-2004, 3:18 PM
I believe Mt. Vernon gets little or no government funding for maintenance. They depend on contributions for much of their funding; so your work can be really important to their success in fundraising. Congratulations for a worthwhile effort.

Richard Allen
05-17-2004, 8:46 PM
Hi Chris I am the one in the beard and Hawaiian shirt. BTW if you click on the picture you will see a similar picture. If you click on one of the people in that similar picture you will be taken to a set of pictures for of that individuals turning(s).

Hi Carl Yes the funding for Mt. Vernon comes from ticket sales, restaurant proceeds, gift shop sales and from donations. No funds come from the government.