PDA

View Full Version : Here's my new Grizzly

Anthony Whitesell
10-07-2008, 3:05 PM
Here she is fresh off the truck:

She sure is purty.

Not with out some battle scars though:

I wasn't quick or close enough to get a picture of how it was strapped in, but it was strapped in such a way as to compensate for the broken crate.

I'll follow up later to let you know if I find any other damage.

I would like to thank all of you who have responded to all of my questions and posts.

Aaron Beaver
10-07-2008, 3:09 PM
Congrats on your new haul. Hopefully its just crate damage.

Dave Lehnert
10-07-2008, 3:18 PM
Keep us up to date on any damage and how hard it was to assemble.
If you are taking pic's I would like to see one with a person sanding next to it. I am having a hard time getting the feel of the overall size of the saw.

Gary Kvasnicka
10-07-2008, 6:35 PM
Congrats, I just finished installing the power cord/plug on my G0514X2 that I picked up yesterday. Back out to the shop to clean the waxy cosmoline replacement off of the table.

Cary Falk
10-12-2008, 7:58 PM
Keep us up to date on any damage and how hard it was to assemble.
If you are taking pic's I would like to see one with a person sanding next to it. I am having a hard time getting the feel of the overall size of the saw.

Here you go Dave. I didn't see anybody answer this for you. I hope this helps. I'm 5"10". I got mine delivered on Friday and finially got it put together and wheels put on it. It is 10 times the machine my Delta 14" was.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/bandsaw.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/DSC_0425.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/DSC_0424.jpg

Bruce Page
10-12-2008, 8:07 PM
Cary, you should be smiling in the pic!

Nice gloat, enjoy!

Cary Falk
10-12-2008, 8:19 PM
Cary, you should be smiling in the pic!

Nice gloat, enjoy!

Long day. This better?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dave Lehnert
10-12-2008, 8:31 PM
Here you go Dave. I didn't see anybody answer this for you. I hope this helps. I'm 5"10". I got mine delivered on Friday and finially got it put together and wheels put on it. It is 10 times the machine my Delta 14" was.

Thanks for taking the time with the pic. It helps a lot.
My truck was in the shop over the weekend $500 then today my Just out of warranty ZTR mower took a dump so I have it going in for repair tomorrow. Looks like the saw will have to hold off a few. :(

Burt Alcantara
10-12-2008, 9:15 PM
Cary,
What is your mobile base? My 514X2 is sitting in the garage. I've got some Great Lake Casters on the way but will need to modify the base. Once the saw goes into the basement I will be severely limited on headroom.

Burt

Cary Falk
10-12-2008, 9:34 PM
Cary,
What is your mobile base? My 514X2 is sitting in the garage. I've got some Great Lake Casters on the way but will need to modify the base. Once the saw goes into the basement I will be severely limited on headroom.

Burt

Burt,
I welded up a fancy one that put the bandsaw closer to the ground but it somehow got a little twist it and it rocked. I was in a hurry to get it put together so I ended up bolting 1"x2"x 30" steel tubes along the long sides through the existing holes in the corners and then bolted on some woodcraft casters on the ends. It seems pretty solid without any vibration.

John Thompson
10-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Whoa.... Anthony!!! How many got killed in that phone booth?........ :D
Just kiddin ya of course. Congratulations on the BS and good luck in the set-up. Band saw's can be the most finicky machine in your shop but when set up well... one of the most useful.

Sarge..

Glenn Shotwell
10-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Long day. This better?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yeah, looks like your posing over a slain bear there..a Grizzly bear