PDA

View Full Version : accuris issue

John Dilibero
10-07-2008, 1:53 PM
I am engraving wine bottle with my accuris powersharpe 46. I am using the rotary attachment. For some reason the image starts off fine and then is slowly moving up making the engraving crooked..... It drifted about 1/4 inch. Anyone ever have this happen and need to know a solution.

Peck Sidara
10-07-2008, 2:15 PM
John,

This is likely caused by one of two things; the wine bottle is moving on the rotary or something's slipping in the x-axis (belt, pulley, motor). My guess is it's the wine bottle moving on the rotary.

Run the same image on flat stock and see if the same occurs. If it runs fine, the bottle's slipping.

If you get the same on flats, there's something going on in the x-axis.

HTH,

John Dilibero
10-07-2008, 2:27 PM
thank you i will try and see if that works.

Scott Erwin
10-07-2008, 5:41 PM
When I was testing mine on garbage bottles I thought I had the bottle in very tight and straight....well it was off just a bit and when the bottle rotated, it moved just a bit and made the letting go upwards...Dont think it was a 1/4" but enough that I could see it when I put the bottle in a second time and made a couple shapes (stars/circles/rectangles) and a vector art (hippo). Found the letters started off about 1/32 above the star and when done obvious difference. --- Just make sure you have it really snug in the jig and I rotate it manually to see if there is any obvious movement.... Good Luck.