PDA

View Full Version : Winter is coming

Joe Pelonio
10-07-2008, 8:17 AM
:(Another minor windstorm here, 15-20 mph with gusts to 50, fir needles and small branches carpet the yard and cars. I'm sure some of you are still enjoying sun and 80s. :mad:

The forecast for today in the nearby Cascade mountains:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT TODAY...

TODAY...SHOWERS. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 6 INCHES. SNOW LEVEL FALLING TO 4000 FEET. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER TO MID 40S. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES 15 TO 25 MPH.
TONIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. SNOW LEVEL 3500 FEET. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES 15 TO 20 MPH DECREASING TO AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Dick Adair
10-07-2008, 9:42 AM
Joe, every winter I enjoy watching the web cams from Snoqualmie Pass. I remember last year a couple of the cameras were knocked out by an avalanche. We did have our 1st frost in the area last night, but that was about a week early. In PA we don't have those high mountains. Two weeks ago we drove to Tampa FL and then to Myrtle Beach for a week. Sort of wishing I could have stayed there for the next 3-4 months.

Joe Pelonio
10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Joe, every winter I enjoy watching the web cams from Snoqualmie Pass.
Really? I thought I was the only one. We're about 45 miles from there. Before moving the business to the house I used to watch this one a lot to see how long it would take me to get to work. Note the wind this morning.

http://www.ci.sammamish.wa.us/TrafficELSP.aspx

Bill Arnold
10-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Hmmmm............

Methinks we'll stay in south Georgia! :D

Leigh Costello
10-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Here in Missouri, we have 4 distinct seasons and I love them all - provided I am safe at home during lousy weather. Hang in there Joe, this too shall pass. :p

Joe Pelonio
10-09-2008, 9:10 AM
Nice sunny afternoon yesterday, and stars shining brightly last night, but that dropped the low this morning to 34F. With that and the shorter days we should be getting some good fall color very soon.