PDA

View Full Version : new GI lathe has arrived

chris ormsby
10-06-2008, 8:17 PM
I went with the GI 25-200vs. I hope it was a good call. In doing so I had to get a new adapter for my chuck. This justified a trip to woodcraft Sunday morning. I got a good deal on the adapter, $23.00, only $80 out the door. I had to sneak a few other items in. I bought the wine bottle stopper starter kit. The info that came with thid kit refers to the general instructions, not included or online. ???????? If I drill a hole 6mm like the directions say, the mandrel would have no material to thread into. ???? And wouldn't I have to tap the wood to thread the blank onto it? The mandrel has a straight thread on it??

This lathe is a dream as far as running smooth. absolutely no vibration at all. All the controls operate without anything sticking or binding etc.... Now I need to become a contributor and lean on the knowledge available here.

The long and short of it is, I had better make a damn toothpick to bring upstairs to mama. Oh ya did I mention I just strolled in with a new lathe :)

Thanks Chris

Scott Hubl
10-06-2008, 8:26 PM
Sorry,
No pics it Never happened.:eek:

chris ormsby
10-06-2008, 8:36 PM
I promise pics will follow. (if you bear with my simple questions)

Allen Neighbors
10-06-2008, 9:53 PM
We do simple, good. :)

Bernie Weishapl
10-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Chris simple is good. Oh yea Congrats on a nice lathe.

Steve Schlumpf
10-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Chris - haven't turned any stoppers yet - so I'm no help with the instructions. Sorry! Looking forward to seeing photos of your new lathe!

john l graham
10-07-2008, 8:44 PM
Hey congrats on the General Lathe. If you need a picture just copy mine and paste it. Looks just the same! Happy turning. John