PDA

View Full Version : mud daubers

John Wibbenmeyer
10-06-2008, 2:38 PM
:mad: Anybody out there know how to get rid of mud daubers :mad: ? My work area has a roof but is open on all but 1 side. I do what I can BUT There HAS to be some way to kill them lil' %$^#*s before they kill my tools :mad:
Thanks for any and ALL answers

rob mason
10-06-2008, 3:24 PM
Boy, if you find out, please post it here, too...

I have a jointer under my carport and they seem to love building their mud homes on the plastic parts of the jointer. Not sure why they are drawn to that.

David G Baker
10-06-2008, 4:06 PM
A product called Drione is used by a local pro exterminator. It is a powdered product that requires a small pressure applicator. Do a Google search. Drione costs around $35+ per pound and the applicator costs under $15. The powder is non toxic to humans and pets, also lasts for 6 months in dry areas. There is another similar product that is used in humid areas and is similar in results but I don't recall the name.
Spray the powder on stinging critters and they die instantly.

John Wibbenmeyer
10-07-2008, 1:16 PM
Thanks for the reply Mr.Baker I did a search for killing the daubers B4 I posted here. Problem is,, catchin them "in the act" OR just flying around while I am out there.
When I do see any even remotely close to a dauber,I smush it. I was wondering about a trap of some sort,but didn't see anything about one in my search
I did however get a good knowledge of them (ha ha) Yea they catch & kil spiders, thats fine BUT when they mess up a 100-200 $ tool thats another matter
Again Thanks for the replies,I appreciate it.
Have a good un
John W.

Ken Garlock
10-07-2008, 1:50 PM
Hi John, if you want to kill the nest, any "wasp and hornet" spray will do the job. Just wait until after dark when they are all on the nest, and then give them a blast, wetting the nest. The wasp and hornet spray will shoot a stream about 10 feet, so you should be able to hit the nest with little trouble.

The following day, get your putty knife, scrape down the nest and kill any larva.