PDA

View Full Version : Week-end acc.

Fred LeBail
05-16-2004, 10:48 PM
I have been asking for info on Cradle hardware for the last couple of weeks and got started on it this week.Thanks for the help .I glued up the end panels, planed and sanded.I started on the sides the Sleighbed sides and glued them up on Saturday morning.
Then in the afternoon LOML and I went to our camp to open it for the summer.Had to dust & clean but after all the work was done we enjoyed a great meal and the scenery.
I am going to post some pics , thanks to John & Carl's help. I hope the quality of the pics does the view justice.
It is the Miramichi river,one of the best Atlantic Salmon fly fishing rivers in the world. We are about 1 kilometer down river of one of the best fishing holes on the river,and about 20 minutes up river from our home and shop.
Just a little info about us and the beauty we live in.

Thanks all for your help,
Fred

Tyler Howell
05-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Wow

1 Nice Cradle and view!;)

Martin Shupe
05-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Fred,

I'd be careful posting photos like that...pretty soon you will have 1000 'Creekers on your doorstep, all wanting to go fishing with you, and then you won't have time for woodworking! :D

Seriously, I always wanted a small log cabin in the woods, I am envious.

Todd Burch
05-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Very nice cabin Fred! Is it rustic on the inside?

Chris Padilla
05-17-2004, 1:24 AM
Awesome cabin...can we see more pics of it? :) Nice cradle, too. :)

Bart Sharp
05-17-2004, 10:09 AM
That is going to be one beautiful cradle, Fred. What did you decide to do about the swing mechanism?

John Miliunas
05-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Fred, that's wonderful! I mean, ALL OF IT! The cradle looks to be coming along quite nicely, a beautiful cabin and what a backdrop! You're a lucky fellow, especially seeing as to how all of that is literally in your "back yard"! :) Now, don't forget to post pics of the completed cradle and I think Chris was whining about more pics of the cabin. You should probably amuse him (ahem...Well, maybe not just HIM! :D ) with a few more pics. :D Thanks! :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-17-2004, 1:57 PM
Fred, good looking cradle! Could you give some more specific directions to that cabin and maybe recommend some flies to use for those Atlantic salmon?
And......would you call law enforecement officers if you found a fellow 'Creeker camped on the front porch of your cabin with a fly rod in hand? And.........it's been years since I've been through Canadian and U.S. customs.........is there any problem bringing fly rods and other fishing gear? ;) Again, nice cradle! :D

Robert Ducharme
05-17-2004, 2:09 PM
Ken,

Just follow me :D BUT DON'T GET IN THE WAY OF MY CASTING - I USE REAL HEAVY LURES. :eek:

Fred LeBail
05-17-2004, 9:05 PM
Well guys, thanks for all the kind words of praise and encouragement.
As far as the cradle goes , I ordered the glider rocker mechanism. It will probably take the weight of the oak better than a dowel or the lighter "roto hinges".I also plan to use the lock mech. that some one suggested here.
Also there will be more pictures of the camp, but I just purchased my Digital recently so all of my pictures of the camp and construction are on 35 mm.
Too many toys !!!! (If that is possible)
Thanks again.
Fred

Jerry Olexa
05-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Outstanding Location and a great cabin!! Your project looks good too. I envy your location. You're able to enjoy the good things of life @ your doorstep! Lucky guy!! Keep pictures coming! Jerry

jim barter
05-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi Fred /Just a quick reply from a fellow New Brunswicker.I live in Rusagonis,about 15 minuites from Fredericton towards Fredericton Junction.Nice to see someone else from New Brunswick
Jim Barter