PDA

View Full Version : 14" Craftsman Bandsaw Owners...Question and Possible Gloat

Tom Henry
10-05-2008, 7:41 PM
I picked up this 14" Craftsman bandsaw for $175. Is this a good price for this bandsaw? Also is there any upgrades to the saw that I can do or any problems to look out for?

Thanks
Tom
:D

Tom Henry
10-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Nobody has this saw?:confused:

Dave Malen
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Don't have that saw. But I do have the newer craftsman12 inch saw. Looks like a european machine. My saw costs 360 new. I'm thinking of selling it for over 200. So your 170 for the 14 looks pretty good. Did yours come with a fence? If it did that's an even better deal.

Best regards,
Dave

Tom Henry
10-06-2008, 8:11 AM
Dave-

It did come with the fence and miter gauge. I am going to fine tune it this week and see what it can do.

Bill Huber
10-06-2008, 8:16 AM
Tom, I just don't see how you could go wrong for that money. It is a really clean looking saw and unless it has a big crack in the frame man I would say its a gloat.

Curt Harms
10-06-2008, 8:59 AM
I don't have that saw and haven't paid any attention to it. Knowing how Asian machinery is merchandised, it wouldn't surprise me if they were related. The main complaint I've seen with Ridgid is vibration caused by belts & pulleys. If yours runs smooth, you're good there. You'll probably want better blades than what came with it but you probably already know that:).

Curt

Douglas Brummett
10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Yep, looks like a Craftsman branded Rigid. Sheet metal, frame, table, and even the switch look near identical. Just swap in a good blade, add some cool blocks, and tune'r up. That looks like a respectable score for the price.