PDA

View Full Version : Composite turning competition

David Newson
10-05-2008, 1:00 PM
I'm extremely pleased to say that I successfully got a joint first with my vase in the beginners class entry, and now after three firsts I can now move into the intermediate class, I can now say it has not been easy because the final first I had to get before moving up a class kept eluding me because of a couple of second places which doesn't count towards moving up a class, and I thank everyone that past supportive comments prior to the competition entry.

I'll post some pictures of the entries table in a separate post, thanks again.

PS. You will see from the pictures that I will be struggling to get any where in the future as our club has got a real master turner in his eighties who always wins in the advanced class, he is just so good but he will always pass on tips to help anyone and also how he achieved any turning he has done in the past, in fact there are a lot of other turners in our club that are extremely good at turning and passing on advice.

David Newson
10-05-2008, 1:32 PM
Sorry about the picture quality I borrowed wife's little digital camera and hall was a bit dark on the stage.

David Newson
10-05-2008, 1:40 PM
More pics from competition

David Newson
10-05-2008, 1:51 PM
More pictures last few.

Steve Schlumpf
10-05-2008, 2:33 PM
David - CONGRATS on your big win!!! Your vase looks great and I am very happy for you finally moving up to the intermediate class - you deserve it!

Bernie Weishapl
10-05-2008, 7:09 PM
Congrats on your win and moving up.

David Walser
10-06-2008, 1:54 AM
David,

That's some competition! Lot's of good turnings were on display, but your vase stood out from the rest. Congratulations on a well deserved win.