PDA

View Full Version : Incra TS LS Fence on Craftsman Saw?

Ken Casser
10-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I have a 20 year old Craftsman Table Saw - Direct Drive (not belt), and am going to install a new Incra TS-LS Fence on it. One thing I'm not happy with is the rod sticking out the back of my saw which is what the rip guard/splitter mounts on. The Incra instructions say that I have to cut the rear rail in half to accommodate this rod, but I'd rather not. I spent this morning removing the rod only to find out that this is what supports the back of the saw - I don't think I can remove it. Any suggestions? I really don't want to cut the rear rail in half. Would I be making a mistake if I cut the rod off flush with the back of the table? Or is it hardened steel that I couldn't cut anyway? Or, isn't it that big of a deal to cut the rail in half? Does it weaken the system? I'll have a router table hanging off of it on the left side, so I would like it nice and strong.

Finally, my table saw came with two cast iron wings, one for each side. Can I mount them both, side by side on the right side of the table saw to give me more room there where the fence will sit?

Thank you!

Ken