PDA

View Full Version : HELP Installing Ductwork

Ethan O'Neil
10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I recently got an Oneida 3hp Gorilla and I bought the ductwork from Oneida as well. I started to do the install by myself, and have had nothing but problems. This is my first time doing any kind of ductwork, but it doesn't seem like it should be so hard. I have had no trouble connecting elbows with wyes, but none of the 24" or 60" straight pipe will fit into them. I have cut, crimped, and bent the ends with no luck. The seam on the straight pipe keeps popping open, and I get more and more frustrated. If I tape the seam first, then I can't get the pipe entirely on an elbow or wye. Am I missing something here?? Any advice before I get an HVAC guy to come do it for me?

Bill Arnold
10-05-2008, 5:29 PM
I did a similar installation about 18 months ago. I had no problem fitting the wyes, elbows and straights. The only thing that comes to mind is whether you're getting the snaplock duct completely together. After I snapped mine together, I was able to run it through my bandsaw without it coming apart. I had to cut down some pieces to get the spacing I wanted.