PDA

View Full Version : Help me identify this jointer

Ben Martin
10-04-2008, 6:15 PM
I found this jointer about 200 miles from my house, it comes with no motor and the lady says that there is nothing on it to indentify the manfacturer. I have looked through some pictures at OWWM with no luck. Here are the dimensions that she gave me: Table length: 61.5” Table width: 14” Knives : 12”X 1/8” 4 knife head. Weight: 532 LB. Does anyone have a clue what brand this thing is?

Rick Lizek
10-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Homemade by a very clever craftsman. It's all fabbed from plate steel, no castings, pillow blocks for the bearings. The head was taken from a manufactured jointer.

Ben Martin
10-05-2008, 8:23 AM
Homemade by a very clever craftsman. It's all fabbed from plate steel, no castings, pillow blocks for the bearings. The head was taken from a manufactured jointer.

Ok, that is what I was thinking. I design sheet metal for a living and when I saw this thing, I scratched my head. Until I saw this, I didn't realize how simple a jointer was. From looking at it the only thing that worries me is the fence is only supported on one end. I think that I will let it pass, although it is only going for $75...

John Lucas
10-05-2008, 3:46 PM
If you think of what you should be looking for in a jointer, $75 is way too much. Putting time or money into it would be crazy in my estimation. But fun to know that some one made it.

Todd Bin
10-05-2008, 4:45 PM
How much could you get for it if you took it straight to the recycle yard?

Ben Martin
10-05-2008, 9:20 PM
How much could you get for it if you took it straight to the recycle yard?

It is on eBay and the lady has that listed in the auction that it is worth more in scrap than what she started the auction at.