PDA

View Full Version : need help with clip art

Rags Alan Ragland
10-03-2008, 6:25 PM
I am confident that someone here has a clip art or ? of a martial arts belt.
I am doing medals for a tournament but am unable to find a suitable graphic of a belt. HELP !
Thanks
Dr. Rags

Ross Lowry
10-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I have a friend that was a world champion kickboxer.
If you want I am sure he wont mind me snapping a picture of his belt, if that would be of any help to you?

Rags Alan Ragland
10-04-2008, 1:53 PM
Ross
Thanks at this point I would appreciate ANY help with this. Never thought it would be so hard to find art of belts. I spend two hours trying to find suitable stuff but failed miserably.
Thanks
Dr. Rags

Ross Lowry
10-04-2008, 3:36 PM
How fast are you needing it?

Doug Griffith
10-04-2008, 4:11 PM
I poked around on the web looking for a belt and found something interesting to laser owners. Anybody know kanji?

http://www.fudaya.com/

Rick Hutcheson
10-04-2008, 5:00 PM
I just did a Google search, martial art belt clipart, and the 2nd one on the list took me to this page.

http://www.pdclipart.org/thumbnails.php?album=131

Google searching is a good way to find about anything I think.

Rudy Ress
10-04-2008, 6:16 PM
I used Google Translate. See link below. Not the best, but gives the gist of it.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fudaya.com%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

Rags Alan Ragland
10-04-2008, 6:57 PM
Rick
I guess brilliant minds must think alike. I found the same place just a few minutes ago. But thank you that is exactly what I need and then some. All of you guys are great.
Dr. Rags:D

Bill Cunningham
10-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I have one (shown tied) that I use on a membership form for a club.. PM me, with your email address, and I'll send it to you on Monday (it's not on the computer I'm using in the house, and without the PM I will probably forget by the time I'm back on the shop computer..:D )

Stephen Beckham
11-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Rags,

Guess you never got a graphic of a Martial Arts Belt?!?!? I just got a job to etch four different categories on four different trophies. They wanted the belt shape with Mixed Martial Arts in the Center with Champion on top and Weight Class around bottom...

Guess I'll be drawing a belt from a photo... :rolleyes:

Frank Corker
11-18-2008, 11:34 AM
There you go, this should do it,

Stephen Beckham
11-18-2008, 4:05 PM
Here's what I came up with... Not sure on the specifics of what he might want to change (this is rough draft for his review), but it will be etched in black/gold filled. So the two fighters and the MMA should stand out in black pretty good against gold background...

Left it as text so I can easily change the weight class. Also left the fighters separate so I can pull them out for one guy doing a high kick or a guy doing his ROCKY stance... Not to many mix-martial arts (beat the Heck out of the other guy sport) out there right now. Mostly Karate or Boxing - fella seemed offended that no body recognizes his sport yet...

Of course I gingerly agreed and measured every word not to .... the guy off... I don't need some UFC nut going off on me in my store...

Funny thing Frank - parts of this came from your fire-fighter graphics post several months ago... Mostly three ovals and a circle welded together then mixture of stuff for the center....

Well, he came by and liked the image so I burnt it... Here's the results... He not only wanted the original four, but an additional four... Yea....

Mike Null
11-18-2008, 5:15 PM
Steve

You've come a long way in a short time. Nice work.

Stephen Beckham
11-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks Mike - having a ball....

This guy came by the shop today with his son (one of the fighters) and his partner (other promoter) and worked up an even bigger order...

I love this job... And to think about it - I'm getting paid to do it... Almost like them Army days when they'd let us go jump out of airplanes and then pay us extra for doing it... Or even better, going to the ranges to blow crap up and them bringing free food to boot...

Steve Clarkson
11-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Steve,

That's really nice. Can you tell me what it's made out of....I assume black acrylic, but what's the back part?

Stephen Beckham
11-21-2008, 1:16 PM
Steve,

It's from the JDS "Laser Resin" line-up. Page 128 in '08 catalog. They are solid gold (colored) resins with a black acrylic paint surface. So when you etch through the surface, it leaves the gold showing.

I sent a note to those guys that this is a great line and they need to expand on it immediately - got the basic "thanks for your input' by-line...

Here is a picture of the final piece that I did for them.