PDA

View Full Version : Sanding Attachments

Darrin Davis
10-03-2008, 3:02 PM
In the past I've seen some square orbit sander attachments. Some of them were flat, some were curved and so on. I'm looking for a foam profile pad that will allow me to sand a 3/4" thick piece of wood that is rounded over on both sides with a 3/8" round over bit. I know that festool has one but i'm only looking for a hook and loop (velcro) one that will attach to my square palm sander. Any suggestions?

Peter Quinn
10-03-2008, 9:06 PM
I have made my own foam sanding blocks for hand sanding using extruded foam insulation and the negative of the profile I am sanding. I run the foam on the router table just like wood. For a quarter round I would use a core box or a cove run twice, glue on or use PSA backed sand paper, viola. If the router cuts are go hand sanding is usually sufficient to remove light chatter. No reason you couldn't try gluing a shop made block to a backer you could attach to the palm sander, though typically profile sanders i have used are straight line sanders or orbital but with a very fine stroke meant for the purpose.