PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Favorites/Bookmarks?

Hal Peeler
10-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Can anyone please tell me how to put my favorites from Firefox onto a jumpdrive and transfer them to my laptop? Thanks
Hal

Lee Schierer
10-03-2008, 1:34 PM
You shold be able to do a search for Bookmarks using windows explorer and it will show you the directory and path where your bookmark file is located. You can copy this file to your jump drive in the normal way.

Robert Goodwin
10-03-2008, 1:42 PM
I store all of my links in Delicious ( http://delicious.com/ ) I then use a firefox plugin (Delicious Bookmarks) to sync my bookmarks with delicious. This way I can access my bookmarks and keep the synced no matter what machine I am on (Work/Home/A Friends House).

Don Abele
10-03-2008, 2:54 PM
Hal, click on bookmarks from the main menu at the top. Then organize bookmarks - this will open the library. At the top is a button marked import and backup - click this and select export to html. Save to your thumb drive. When you put it into the laptop, use the same sequence, just hit import html. This should take care of you.

Be well,

Doc

Chuck Wintle
10-03-2008, 4:27 PM
I store all of my links in Delicious ( http://delicious.com/ ) I then use a firefox plugin (Delicious Bookmarks) to sync my bookmarks with delicious. This way I can access my bookmarks and keep the synced no matter what machine I am on (Work/Home/A Friends House).

is there any other way to manage/synchronize bookmarks besides using delicious bookmarks? The thought of keepiing my bookmarks online makes me a little leery. :confused:

Art Mulder
10-03-2008, 7:49 PM
is there any other way to manage/synchronize bookmarks besides using delicious bookmarks? The thought of keepiing my bookmarks online makes me a little leery. :confused:

Google toolbar for firefox. But it's still online. Password protected.

Roger Ronas
10-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Hal, click on bookmarks from the main menu at the top. Then organize bookmarks - this will open the library. At the top is a button marked import and backup - click this and select export to html. Save to your thumb drive. When you put it into the laptop, use the same sequence, just hit import html. This should take care of you.

Be well,

Doc

This is how I also do it.
Roger

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Backup the book marks and just copy that file and then import.