PDA

View Full Version : Another Birch NE

Bob Hallowell
10-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I made this on for an art auction to benefit our downtown
Revitalization. It's black birch 12"x5.5" with buffed AO. I finished turned it wet and let it move alittle. Please feel free to critique.

Bob
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/bobha8/artne.jpg

David Walser
10-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Bob,

Your NE birch bowl is elegant. It should help raise some money for a good cause. Very well done.

Bernie Weishapl
10-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Don't see much to critique Bob on a beautiful NE bowl. I hope it does well.

Steve Schlumpf
10-03-2008, 1:26 PM
Very nice NE bowl Bob! Nice work keeping all that bark! Love the wall thickness! Hope it brings in lots of money at the auction and you get lots of commission work as a result! Thanks for sharing!

robert hainstock
10-03-2008, 3:59 PM
We don't have Black birch up here, does it have a paper bark over the bark you saved on the piece? Very nice work anyway, thanks for sharing. :D:D
Bob

Robert McGowen
10-03-2008, 4:30 PM
That is impressive how even the thickness is and also how well you kept the bark on it. Very nice.........

Bob Hallowell
10-03-2008, 8:52 PM
We don't have Black birch up here, does it have a paper bark over the bark you saved on the piece? Very nice work anyway, thanks for sharing. :D:D
Bob

Bob there isn't really any paper on it, Black birch is known by several names ie- sweet, river or cherry birch. The tree gets much larger the the white birch does around here. The white dies off when it gets much over 8-10in in dia.

Bob