PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
10-03-2008, 7:15 AM
Friday October 3rd, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Fall has fell!!! After last week, being in the upper 70's, we were lucky to see mid 50's this week. Overnight temps are cool also and the heater is coming on in the mornings now. May have our first frost tonight.

This is going to be an absolutely great weekend. Saturday is reserved for a B-day party at our house. One of our nieces has asked if I'll make my beef vegetable with noodles soup and have her party here. So I'll be prepping for that today. Sunday is a really big day. John M., aka Spring, and I will travel to Madison on Sunday to meet up with Ken Fitzgerald and have lunch, along with some major story telling. Ken has been on my short list of "Creekers" to meet. Any other "Creekers" in the area want to meet up send me a PM and I'll give you the info.

So as you can see there is no WW'ing for me this weekend. But, how about you? What's on your agenda for the weekend? I hope it's a good one, although I think you'd be hard pressed to beat my weekend.

As always please be SAFE.

Karl

alex grams
10-03-2008, 7:44 AM
Not a whole lot down here. Got the DC in yesterday and got it set up. Now going to work on finishing a cabinet bank for garage storage and going to continue to improve my storage efficiency with the addition of the new tools.

Also going to smoke a brisket Saturday, so gotta get up around 5am that morning to get things going early. Got a nice new 14" brisket slicing knife that I am anxious to try out. Also want to see if i cannot make a nice large meat cutting board (going to have to be huge to accommodate a brisket) and put a blood groove and such in it.

Tyler Howell
10-03-2008, 8:42 AM
Hey Karl.
Mad City sounds like a party. Give my reguards to all. Would love to join you.
Frost on the pumpkin up here, first hard one of the season.
Fishing buddy shows up today, hope to get some walleye.:D:D
Other than that sealing up for winter. and a little shop time.

Be safe.

TJH

Rod Sheridan
10-03-2008, 9:23 AM
Tomorrow my daughter and I are off to the sawmill to purchase some red oak for a desk she wants to make.

Sunday I'll be at a vintage motorcycle swap meet, selling raffle tickets for the vintage bike museum.

regards, Rod.

Daniel Heine
10-03-2008, 9:44 AM
For me, this is foorball time. I am an official in IL, and my weekends are filled with football this tinme of year. I have two games tonight, two tomorrow, and two on Sunday. Doesn't leave muxch time for working in the shop, but once the season is over, I'll have enough to buy one of the tools I've been drooliong over!!!

Dan

JohnT Fitzgerald
10-03-2008, 9:48 AM
Soccer and "sunday school" for the kids on Saturday (yes, sunday school is on saturday at our church...), pretty much eats up the whole day. hope to get some time outside in the yard. Sunday is not set yet, but I *still* need to get out to Sears and pick up a new hot water heater so I can replace our current one - and of course, move it to a different location so I can put up a dividing wall and *really* start on my shop construction.

Steve Clardy
10-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Probably try and put up some more firewood for the coming cold season.

Other than that, its all up in the air at this time. :confused:

David G Baker
10-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I looked out the window this morning and saw white. We had our first serious frost of the season so I will be outdoors taking up hoses, covering the strawberries and putting the back blade on my John Deere.
According the weather services we are going to reach a high of 50 degrees today. The furnace came on several times during the night and a couple of times so far this morning. Looks like the cold season is just around the corner.

Jim Becker
10-03-2008, 9:09 PM
Horsie things and work things are on my schedule for this weekend. It's going to be that kind of month...

Brent Smith
10-03-2008, 9:25 PM
I'm going to spend tomorrow morning at the vet for the beast's yearly check up and tomorrow afternoon making some more clamp racks ( why'd I ever listen to that guy who said "You can never have enough clamps"?). Sunday's going to be a party for the GF's father's 85th birthday. Just finished making him a display case for a wooden ship he's been building for the last year or so. Gonna be a good weekend!

Fred Voorhees
10-03-2008, 9:42 PM
Hi guys. Haven't been able to post much, if at all since I have been working six days per week and extra hours each day at that. Woodworking has been kept at an absolute minimum because of it, but the money is damned good! Little consolation when you have a brand new Jet cabinet saw sitting in your shop that you are dying to get working on. Oh well....this weekend is going to be another work Saturday and when I get home from that, it will be a flurry of activity as last minute preparations will be underway for our Tuesday morning departure for our annual trip North to Syracuse,NY for the annual Super DIRT Week at the New York State Fairgrounds for a weeks worth of dirt track stock car action. I also hope to get the grass cut Saturday night before darkness sets in. Sunday morning will find me with just a few quick hours before a ten AM departure for the local dirt track for its final event of the season. That will cut into any time for trip preparation Sunday, unless we get home with time to spare early Sunday evening or late afternoon. We shall see.

Jim O'Dell
10-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I work a half day Sat. am, then a quick run to Lowes for some supplies, and see if this one has some K-bodies they want to give away:D, a hair cut, then some quick sanding of the crown molding, wipe everything down, and try to put a coat of primer on the Pink Room, and the entry. If I can get all of that done during the afternoon (probably won't) I'll do texturing on Sunday. Prime again the following Sat., and then wait for SWMBO to pick the paint we will use. If I don't get the priming done tomorrow afternoon, then I'll do it Sunday, and maybe we will go to some open houses for some ideas.
Be safe! Jim.

Victor Stearns
10-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Greetings to the Creek,
LOML and Son went to Notre Dame vs Stanford FB game. Leaves me to cleaning up outside in prep for the nasty white snow. Some bees to kill, some homework, yes still chasing the degree, and finally some shop time, I HOPE! Maybe even watch the ND game.
Have a Great Weekend
Victor