PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Gathering - Pre-gloat NOW A GLOAT!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-03-2008, 6:42 AM
I'm in Waukesha, WI for 2 weeks of training. This evening after class I'm driving to Central Illinois to spend Saturday with my MIL. Sunday on my way back, we are having a mini-Creeker gathering with Karl Laustrup, John Miliunas and myself having lunch and a bs session in Madison.

Nearly 5 years ago, I joined the Creek. Finally, I'll get to meet the Creek's own "I LOVE WATER PARKS" Laustrup and Spring! What a treat this is going to be.

Anyone else in the area interested, contact Karl here via PM or email. We'd be glad to have you join us.

Tyler Howell
10-03-2008, 8:47 AM
Sounds like a party Ken,
Your in for a treat. Say hi to "da boyz" for me.
Better lift one to my buddy Pesh.

Steve Schlumpf
10-03-2008, 8:52 AM
Ken - sure sounds like it is going to be fun! Make sure you get some photos taken of the event........ and if you can, photoshop out the words 'People's Exhibit A' before posting! :eek: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
10-03-2008, 8:56 AM
Pesh was on my mind this morning.

It still amazes me. Never met John, Karl, you, Pesh, Clabo, Singer, Clardy, John Hart, Hoyt, Keith, Jackie, Aaron, Dave Anderson, and many others.....and yet I feel like I've known you for ever. The Creek is, indeed, a special place with atmosphere that promotes friendship.

I'll hoist one in Pesh's memory. I surely miss his intelligent, self-degrading humor and his wise council.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-03-2008, 9:02 AM
Ken - sure sounds like it is going to be fun! Make sure you get some photos taken of the event........ and if you can, photoshop out the words 'People's Exhibit A' before posting! :eek: :D

Steve....the photos are already posted at your local post office. The WANTED across the top of the photo is correct. The other stuff has yet to be proven in a court of law.:rolleyes:

Tyler Howell
10-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Yah Buddy,
This is a very special place.
I've have met a bunch of these folks and I gotta tell ya, ain't nothing like a creeker gathering.
Have fun.
Be good....if you can.;)

Chris Padilla
10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
LOML and I may be sight-seeing all over New England next summer. I suspect we'll have a few "meet some SMCers in person" kinda thing going on.... Be prepared! ;)

Sounds like a good time...we need pics! :)

Dave Anderson NH
10-03-2008, 12:42 PM
You better drop by when you're in the area Chris or I'll send Uncle Guido to look for you.

John Shuk
10-03-2008, 4:30 PM
Let me know Chris. We spend alot of time on the beach in Maine and your kids could hang with my kids for a day. Boys 7,5, and 2 1/2.

Steve Clardy
10-03-2008, 6:01 PM
Pesh was on my mind this morning.

It still amazes me. Never met John, Karl, you, Pesh, Clabo, Singer, Clardy, John Hart, Hoyt, Keith, Jackie, Aaron, Dave Anderson, and many others.....and yet I feel like I've known you for ever. The Creek is, indeed, a special place with atmosphere that promotes friendship.

I'll hoist one in Pesh's memory. I surely miss his intelligent, self-degrading humor and his wise council.

Yes for sure. Host one for Pesh for me while your at it. [I don't drink]
Someday I'll hopefully meet ol' Pesh ;)

Tell Karl to not get to rowdy while yer at it. I think he's a character in disguise that hopefully I'll meet one of these days if I ever get up that way.

Karl Laustrup
10-03-2008, 6:36 PM
Tell Karl to not get to rowdy while yer at it.

I think he's a character in disguise that hopefully I'll meet one of these days if I ever get up that way.

Clardy, I shall be on my best behavior. ;):eek::D Wouldn't want to give Ken the wrong impression. Spring already knows what a great individual I am. ;):D

We will most assuredly toast "Pesh". And I will hold you to a meet and greet if you get up this way. You are on my loong short list of people I'd like to meet, for one reason or another. :D:D:D

Karl

Steve Clardy
10-03-2008, 7:02 PM
:cool::cool::cool:

Looking forward to it if I can. :D

Jim O'Dell
10-03-2008, 7:19 PM
Enjoy your time together. Creeker meetings are the best! Jim.

Jim Becker
10-03-2008, 8:41 PM
Yea, those two are good at toasting, so in addition to Pesh, you'll have to come up with a substantial list to toast to! LOL :D

Christopher Stahl
10-04-2008, 8:15 PM
Is John Miliunas still around? I haven't seen a post from him in quite some time.

Joe Mioux
10-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Ken, sounds like you are going to have a wonderful - eventful - and memorable time.

By all means have a toast in honor of Pesh. Just the thought of his dry sense of humor makes me smile.

but while you are at it, I hope the toast is with a Bud Light.

I think that would make Mr Salisbury smile.

joe

Ken Fitzgerald
10-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I'll insure one of the toasts is a Bud Light in Ken's memory. And if Karl chose the right place....an Old Style for me and Pesh!

Jim Becker
10-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Is John Miliunas still around? I haven't seen a post from him in quite some time.

Yes, he's just taken a break for awhile to enjoy life and all it has to offer.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-05-2008, 7:44 PM
I am happy to report John Miliunas is 85 lb.s lighter and more flat that round but ...still around.

Karl, John and I spent about 3 1/2 hours together today at BOWL-A-VARD in Madison, WI. They had beer, brat and bowling. If I'd have awakened from a coma there....I could have told you I was in Wisconsin!:D

It was a great time. We hoisted a few brews...a BL for Ken Salisbury....a Old Style for Pesh. We talked fondly about what had been going on in our lives and how much we missed Ken and Dale. Dale's humor and intelligence was a subject too. I explained to Karl and John the look on my MIL face when I told her I was going to meet some friends I'd met 4 years or so ago and had never seen their faces. You should have seen the look on her face!

Karl gifted me with some of his famous beef noodle soup that I hope to consume later this week.

It was great time and it just proved to me. I have yet to have experienced a bad Creeker gathering!

Thanks John and Karl! Until we get together again!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-05-2008, 7:46 PM
Im relying on Karl or John for photographic proof that it did happen......There were photos taken and it did happen!

Steve Clardy
10-05-2008, 8:01 PM
>drumming fingers on desk<

Ken Fitzgerald
10-05-2008, 8:25 PM

Hope you don't wear them down to nubbins.....:D

Joe Mioux
10-05-2008, 9:07 PM

Hope you don't wear them down to nubbins.....:D

OK! I will take over tdtdtddtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdt dtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdt

etc.
Joe

Barry Stratton
10-05-2008, 9:55 PM
Im relying on Karl or John for photographic proof that it did happen......There were photos taken and it did happen!

If this is your way of getting us to GIVE you a camera to go with the mini.......forget it!

Congrats on the alleged visit. Those are two good guys!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
ROTFL!...................Karl took photos and so did John. I don't normally take a camera when I travel on business. The cameras all belong to the camera queen I'm married to.....

She trusts me with tools not cameras!:rolleyes:

Jim O'Dell
10-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Ken, you must have been a little rough on John and Karl! I mean, you've posted several times, yet they haven't been able to get to the computer yet! ;)
Come on guys, it's not nice to make the guest suffer...just because the rest of us want proof! :D Jim.

Nancy Laird
10-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Gotta remember, Ken's IN Madison, Karl and John had to drive to get there---bet there are pics up by midnight (my time).
Drumtdtdtddtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdt dtdt - my fingers are getting to be nubbins too.

Tyler Howell
10-06-2008, 3:02 AM
Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HMMMMMMMMMM
OK!!!!!!!!!!
Waitinnnnnnnnnnng!!!!

Joe Mioux
10-06-2008, 4:09 AM
Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HMMMMMMMMMM
OK!!!!!!!!!!
Waitinnnnnnnnnnng!!!!

OH OH!.

Ken, Karl and John, now you did it. The Chief of the Picture Police just weighed in on this transgression. :)

Joe

Karl Laustrup
10-06-2008, 5:12 AM
I'm here. Just couldn't get on the 'puter yesterday when I got home. LOML was encamped in front of the screen playing her Zuma game.

Anywho, we met at a sports bar [Arena, which is part of the aforementioned bowing establishment] on Madison's east side close to the Interstate. Easy off, easy on for Ken. Me too. Less than a mile off the I from both my house and the pub. Weather was rainy, so it was a good day to spend with friends.

Spring wandered in after Ken and I had only been there a few minutes and it was actually about 5 minutes before any of us remembered to get a beer. :confused::eek:

A proper toast to "Pesh" and a little while later a toast to Ken S. was followed by stories and such that had me mesmerized. Or maybe it was the Amber Bock I was imbibing. :D

I must try and figure out how to get to Ideho-ho by Christmas so I might stow away with Ken and his bride for their trip. NZ is on my short list of places to visit. I'm just not sure one can get to Lewiston from here. ;):D

We finally had a bite to eat, while we watched the "Pack" get beat again and "Da Bears" win again and told more stories. Then it was time to part ways. :( We waited as long as we could Tyler.

Thanks Ken, for taking the time to rent a car and drive to meet up with Spring and I. And thanks to Spring for buying lunch. I owe you one bud.

Have a great week everyone, I know I will.

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2008, 5:24 AM
Karl,

The ingrates will be a little slow replying as it is hard to type with "nubbins".

And now that Tyler's retired.....he has time to wait!

Thanks Karl for everything! It was truly my pleasure to meet face-to-face with you and Spring.

larry merlau
10-06-2008, 6:50 AM
ken you were withi n 4 hrs of me and didnt call or write,,must be i anot nobody anymore:) i willsay this your gonna be weel fed and waterdd at karls:D

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2008, 7:53 AM
Larry,

You are somebody in my book. I just didn't have time to do it all. I drove 536 miles this weekend and managed to spend a day with my MIL.

The next time I'm in the area on vacation...I want to visit you and Steve Ash....and in Peoria I want to visit Bruce. Not enough time this trip to do it all. Sorry my friend....and yes....I still owe you and Steve a beer.

Dennis Peacock
10-06-2008, 8:00 AM
Most Excellent. Looks like Karl and Spring got a "real treat" by meeting the one and only Ken Fitzgerald. I'm so glad y'all got to meet up and hang together.

Steve Clardy
10-06-2008, 10:00 AM
geesgsch. howz everone elszes finners doin?
I kant hardlie typee

oh.

roflol :D

Frank Kobilsek
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Ken,

You know where I live, right along the way to the in-laws, I won't be home.

If you get lost to the west you'll find me at the Art Show in Galena (11th and 12th)

Enjoy your distraction from work.

Frank

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Frank,

I pulled into the Mc Donalds at Mendota yesterday morning to use the restroom facilities. It was about 0900 and I had to meet John and Karl at noon in Madison. I really would have liked to visit but my timeline wouldn't allow it.

Chris Padilla
10-06-2008, 2:41 PM

Have a great week everyone, I know I will.

Karl

Uhm, so who's who in the pic?!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2008, 2:46 PM
Chris......I'm the one on the left and John is the one on the right.....

Chris Padilla
10-06-2008, 2:47 PM
That is what I figured but wanted to be sure.... :)

Glenn Clabo
10-06-2008, 4:20 PM
WOW! John sure is looking good!

Barry Stratton
10-06-2008, 4:53 PM
WOW! John sure is looking good!

Easy Glenn, he's married ..................:D:D:D

Glenn Clabo
10-06-2008, 5:00 PM
Ya I know...just happy as all get out that a friend has turned things around.

Steve Clardy
10-06-2008, 5:05 PM
easy glenn, he's married ..................:d:d:d

roflol........:d

Andy Hoyt
10-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Five Minutes!?!?!?!?

What a buncha slacker cheeseheads!

Karl Laustrup
10-07-2008, 5:32 AM
Most Excellent. Looks like Karl and Spring got a "real treat" by meeting the one and only Ken Fitzgerald. I'm so glad y'all got to meet up and hang together.

Indeed!!!! One and only sums it up perfectly. ;):D:D

geesgsch. howz everone elszes finners doin?
I kant hardlie typee

yuve bin takin lessuns frum larry huh, clardy?? :D:D:D

Uhm, so who's who in the pic?!

Sorry bout that Chris. I just figured every body knew Ken. I recognized him in the car as he drove into the parking lot. :D

Five Minutes!?!?!?!?

What a buncha slacker cheeseheads!

No excuse really. It was self serve. No not like that. You had to go up to the bar and order your own. No serving wenches. :( It was just good friends who had never met, jabber jawin for a bit before we realized we was thirsty.

Shoulda seen the look on the barkeeps face when we asked about Moxie.:eek: Good thing there's laws about transporting certain things across state borders. :D

Karl

Steve Clardy
10-07-2008, 10:55 AM
yep. typin lezzons. er, typin lessons.

Drat. Darn fingers. :D

Steve Ash
10-10-2008, 8:25 PM
I want to visit you and Steve Ash.......I still owe you and Steve a beer.

When that time finally gets here.....the Old Style is on me.

About the pic of you and John......I met John on our visit to cheesehead land a couple of years ago.....man he sure has changed since then.

larry merlau
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
When that time finally gets here.....the Old Style is on me.

About the pic of you and John......I met John on our visit to cheesehead land a couple of years ago.....man he sure has changed since then.

i will second that!!! never woulda recognized him from pic, voice maybe but not pic.. hey boss we need a road trip quit your day job for ahwile and lets ride:)

Steve Ash
10-14-2008, 4:17 PM
hey boss we need a road trip quit your day job for ahwile and lets ride:)

Can't......got about 8 houses ahead of me that need to get done as fast as I can swing a hammer....:D

When the dust settles around here....pick a direction for our next travel.