PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry Box Hardware

Tony Bilello
10-02-2008, 2:30 PM
I am going to make 2 expensive jewelry boxes. As some of you know, I have been pretty much out of woodworking for almost 16 years. Man, how the world has changed. Anyway, what are some sources for really nice hardware? Things like hinges, knobs, rotating and sliding shelves, and rotating hook carousels, you know the everyday kinda jewelry box hardware.

Thanks in advance

Tony B

Bill Arnold
10-02-2008, 2:41 PM
Van Dykes has about anything you'd need, if you've got a healthy checkbook. Otherwise, a Google for "jewelry box hardware" get you to what I can afford. ;)

David Keller NC
10-02-2008, 2:44 PM
If they're going to be expensive jewelry boxes, I assume that only the best hardware will do. In my opinion, this means Brusso. Just about everything else is a poor second. You can get Brusso directly from the company's website, and Tools for Working Wood, among others.

Dave Lehnert
10-02-2008, 5:19 PM
I guess it all depends on what you think is good.

Leevalley (dot) com
Rockler (dot) com

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-02-2008, 5:41 PM
WhiteChapel

Kevin Davis
10-02-2008, 5:58 PM
I'm a big fan of Hortons. A real family feel, great customer support, great products. http://www.horton-brasses.com/

Dave Cohen
10-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm a big fan of Hortons. A real family feel, great customer support, great products. http://www.horton-brasses.com/

Just got some very nice solid brass hinges from Horton's, nice looking and reasonably priced (part number PB405)

J. Z. Guest
10-03-2008, 3:42 PM
I'll be using Lee Valley & Rockler hardware for mine.

The full-length piano hinge Norm sourced from Rockler seems to be anything but cheap. Not very decorative, but not cheap either.

I let the customer (wife) pick the drawer pulls. She preferred single curved maple pulls instead of the double knobs Norm chose.

glenn bradley
10-03-2008, 5:46 PM
Brusso is sort of the Starrett of jewelry box hardware. Van Dyke's has a great selection.