PDA

View Full Version : guitars

tom casey
10-02-2008, 8:54 AM
Hello all,
I currently am teaching high school woodshop and a couple of students have asked me if our CNC can cut a guitar pattern. I am now looking for some cad files. If anyone has any patterns or knows of good sites to check out it would be a tremendous help. Thank you.

-tc

Skip Weiser
10-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi Tom,

Here's a few .eps vectors of guitar shapes. I don't know if these will help you or not, see what you think.

Skip

tom casey
10-02-2008, 3:08 PM
thks Skip I will take a look at these. I really do appreciate it.
-tc

Dave Warner
10-02-2008, 8:00 PM
Over at the telecaster forums a lot of excellent work has gone into the blueprints found here:

This will get you the body shape. Constructing the neck will be another challenge, although the students may find a project neck from a luthier supply shop might be the better way to go (check out stewmac.com).

Have Fun,
Dave

p.s. I'm currently using this blueprint to construct a Tele out of some figured cherry, gonna be sweet! :)

James Leonard
10-03-2008, 6:04 PM
Hi,

There is a lot of information here at the CncZone. Members are sharing CAD drawings, techniques and other stuff for a variety of guitar designs.

BTW, make the neck for the guitar. Bolting someone else's neck to a slab of wood isn't really a big challenge.

get Melvyn Hiscock's book 'Make Your Own Electric Guitar' for lots of info on neck fabrication.

-James Leonard