PDA

View Full Version : Claro Walnut Bowl

Matt Wolboldt
09-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey guys! This is the bowl that's referenced in the food safe thread. Sorry for the poor picture quality. Also you'll notice two holes I tried to fix. Apparently some critters made a home in the wood at one point. If you have a better fix (more inconspicuous) that would be helpful. The dimensions are 7.5"x3".

Leo Van Der Loo
09-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Maybe not less conspicuous, but more natural would be to whittle some walnut and plug the holes, and use some CA to keep it in, it will look like tiny knots, rather than a a badly hidden hole, as you will always be able to see it.

Steve Schlumpf
09-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Good looking bowl Matt! Nice classic form and great looking wood! I agree with Leo's suggestion for filling the holes. I would use small shavings and some of the dust left over from sanding the bowl. The CA will darken the mix but will look more like a natural defect. Hope you find something that works for you!

Bernie Weishapl
09-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Good looking bowl Matt. I do like Steve and use sanding dust/CA mix to fill the holes.

Clara Koss
10-01-2008, 2:53 PM
sanding dust /CA sounds good but you can carve the bowl with strange designs too and have an even more unique and gothic piece...the color is great for that mysterious look...as you can see i like strange stuff...:eek: