PDA

View Full Version : New Addition to the Shop!

Gary Lange
09-30-2008, 6:59 PM
This is a new to me Grizzly 1023SL that I bought earlier this month from a fellow Creeker. I think it will serve me well and makes a great addition to my shop.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/Trackerman/Woodworking%20Shop/Grizzly1023SLTableSaw-2.jpg

Steve Clardy
09-30-2008, 7:24 PM
Looks nice Gary. Looks like yer sporting a cool wood floor in your shop space also. :D

Joe Mioux
09-30-2008, 7:27 PM
OH NO....

don't tease us with the 1023 gloat. Anyone that has a nice shop floor like that needs to provide us with a tour of the shop - inside and out.

joe

oh yea. congrats on the nice TS!

Peter Quinn
09-30-2008, 7:28 PM
Looks great. Have you considered a bigger DC system? I can hear your shop vac choking from here!:D

Maurice Ungaro
09-30-2008, 7:34 PM
That's not a shop - it's a showroom floor! No dust/shavings.
What's with you neat freak woodworkers?

Chris Barnett
09-30-2008, 7:36 PM
We know you bought it brand new Gary, but with sporting that beautiful fine wood floor, you did not want us to think you had a big head. I'm green with envy :D over that shop with all that room too. Sure beats making sure the bad guys don't blow the safe open in the mail car, right!

glenn bradley
09-30-2008, 7:48 PM
Pay them no mind Gary. I know you just thoroughly cleaned and polished for the photo-shoot. My shop has been that clean too now and again. I think you are gonna love that saw.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-30-2008, 7:48 PM
A word of advice...if you have curtains in your shop don't let them get into a photo. I won't...errrr......You will never live it down. Just ask Chris Padilla....

Nice t/s BTW! Congrats!

Steve Clardy
09-30-2008, 8:23 PM
Hmmm. Next time I head to Springfield I may have to make a slight detour and check his shop to see if it actually exists. :D

I'll report back if he has any curtain issues Ken ;)

Don Bullock
09-30-2008, 9:12 PM
Congratulations on the "new" saw. Yep, I'm envious of the shop floors to. In the background I notices that your WorkMate is serving as a drill press table. Sometimes I wonder how many of those are in our shops. I sure use mine a lot.

Bob Ross
09-30-2008, 9:32 PM
Gary,

I have a "gently" used 1023SL also. I can't think of a better value.

Now, about that floor. That just ain't right; how can you even think of getting it dirty?

Leigh Betsch
09-30-2008, 9:52 PM
The saw looks good in it's new home, I hope you like it. :) It looks like you have room for a nice panel router????;)

Jim Becker
09-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Congratulations, Gary!

Lon LeBlanc
09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Hmmm, looks like Norm's router table in the background. Now I'm even more envious.:D

Lon

Ed Bamba
09-30-2008, 11:32 PM
What about all that lighting. I wish my shop-arage was as illuminated as your shop.

Mike Heidrick
10-01-2008, 1:59 AM
What a beauty. Looks awesome. You will be very happy with that one!!

Rich Pritchard
10-01-2008, 3:28 AM
beautiful machine Gary... just makes you wanna...you know...use it

Jeffrey Makiel
10-01-2008, 8:26 AM
This photo should go in the Grizzly catalog. That is a nice saw. Enjoy.
-Jeff :)

Gary Lange
10-01-2008, 9:51 AM
Thanks for all the comments! Steve next time you are going to be in town let me know and I will give you a tour. The Dust Collector is just temporary for now. I don't want to hit the wife with to much at one time.

Bill White
10-01-2008, 1:31 PM
Recycling with fellow Creekers. What a plan.
I gotta Workmate too.
Bill

Greg Cole
10-01-2008, 1:54 PM
Congrats on the saw.....
I won't bug ya about the tidy shop but certainly not how you will see mine most of the time. Now about the floors, I am envious. After dropping my LN block plane awhile ago, I'd LOVE to have a softer spot for it to land.:rolleyes:

Greg

Gary Lange
10-01-2008, 4:26 PM
I think the reason it is kinda clean was I been waiting to get the router for the Table in the background so I can build some cabinet doors. I have also been out of town once to Iowa to pick up the saw, then a Fishing Tourney at Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Res. and the following week to Malvern, Ar. for the Smokin in the Cove Boat drags and a little parting with friends which consists of me watching them get drunk. We had a great time. Now that I have the saw I will need to wait a while longer before I hit the little woman up for the Router. It will be the Milwaukee 5625 3-1/2hp unit.

Chris Padilla
10-01-2008, 7:14 PM
A word of advice...if you have curtains in your shop don't let them get into a photo. I won't...errrr......You will never live it down. Just ask Chris Padilla....

Nice t/s BTW! Congrats!

Har-dee-har-har...for pete's sake. I sure hope you make it out to NoCal someday, Fitz...I'll have somethin' special for your visit.... :D

Nice haul on the Green...can't go wrong with the Grizz!!