PDA

View Full Version : Delta SA180 Belt/Disk Sander

Jim Pemberton
09-30-2008, 6:17 PM
Anyone have one of these that can provide feedback? I used a 1 x 30 strip sander for Craft shows that we go to to sand down woodend keychains and it bit the dust this past weekend. I need to get a replacement and I can still find the 1 x 30's, but want to take a step up if possible. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Jim

Lance Norris
09-30-2008, 9:13 PM
Jim...I have one and its ok for the money. Its powerful. Ive only used the belt. The disc is warped, so I dont use it, as I have a larger disc on my Jet sander. The start capacitor has leaked some oil, but continues to still work. Maybe not a glowing recommendation, but for what it cost, and what I use it for, its decent.

Jim Pemberton
09-30-2008, 11:59 PM
This thing is going to get beat to death going to and from craft shows. One of my criteria is low cost so if (read into that statement when) something happens to it, I am not out too much cash. It will pay for itself at our first craft show, but I am more concerned about usability than anything else. Your feedback is appreciated since there is not one locally that I can lay my hands on to get a idea of the fit and usability before purchasing one.

Jim