PDA

View Full Version : Picture test

David Wilson
05-15-2004, 9:29 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7256&stc=1 Well, we'll see if this works. Last jan SWMBO & I were in florida on vacation and after 18 years and 9 trips she let my buy an Allegator head. I built this frame from 3/4 x 3/4 red oak. I used the table saw two make 2 3/16 cuts in the face of the oak and then resawed and plained black walnut to fit in the saw curfs. 2 cotts of watco natural, the second wet sanded with 800 grit and a couple coats of spray poly.

Tyler Howell
05-15-2004, 9:33 AM
It worked Dave and "the new kid is scaring me":cool:

Todd Burch
05-15-2004, 9:36 AM
It worked - but you are REALLY ugly!

Fred Voorhees
05-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Beautiful job on the frame Dave! Though, I must say, it's not every day that you see an alligators head mounted on a wall. Quite unusual. I did something somewhat similar a number of years ago. It was just something to take up some time and get me out of my wifes hair while she prepared for the party that we were throwing for our son's graduation from college. She had picked up a cheap battery operated clock somewhere and I decided to "kick it up a notch" as Emeril LaGasse would say. The result was this red oak frame with some walnut inlay around the perimeter.

Tyler Howell
05-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Dave you've been asking for one of those for 18 years? Buddy you need more sawdust in your life!:rolleyes:

That's OK we're all kinda speeeeecial around here.;)
Fred, I like the face on that one a little better.

Dale Thompson
05-15-2004, 9:38 PM
David,
Up until your post, I was by far the best looking dude in the entire "Creek". :cool: I know that it is a close race but your pic won because HE has TEETH!! I plan to file a discrimination protest. Either that or - who is his Dentist? :)

Nicely done, David.

Dale T.