PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox Shaper Replacement Parts

John Brennaman
09-29-2008, 7:00 PM
Anybody have any idea where I can purchase replacement parts for Shop Fox products. Specifically in this case a belt for model W1702 3 HP shaper.

Thanks in advance.
John

Steve Clardy
09-29-2008, 7:17 PM
Have you tried Grizzly?

Or....

http://www.woodstockint.com/products/W1702/

William OConnell
09-29-2008, 7:30 PM
heres a link. Ive had great experiences with them with my moulder
http://www.woodstockinternational.com/

J.R. Rutter
09-29-2008, 9:20 PM
Is it some special size? Might be time for an upgrade to a VX type?

John Brennaman
09-30-2008, 2:06 PM
Sent emails to both Grizzly and Woodstock International. Am waiting for replies from both.

Thanks

Rick Fisher
10-01-2008, 1:13 AM
Woodstock Int. is the US importer of Shop Fox. The service is great from them. Similar to what I have heard about Grizzly.

I would call them.

Mike Hedges
10-01-2008, 9:19 AM
they have a tech No call 800-840-8420, I have called and they were a geat help

William Addison
10-01-2008, 4:19 PM
Woodstock will send you to a local dealer because they are wholesale only, at least that's what they told me. Parts from the Grizzly shaper will fit so you can order from them. The easiest thing would be to find one locally but it might be hard because they're narrow. I tried to get a link belt to work on my shaper but it never would stay on.

Dave Lehnert
10-01-2008, 4:45 PM
Basic way to explain it. Grizzly sells their tools at retail under the Shopfox name. But they do differ in ways. Grizzly brand is only sold direct.
So Grizzly and Shopfox are one in the same. Kinda like how K-mart owns Sears but they run different stores.

Jim Becker
10-01-2008, 9:18 PM
There are feature differences, Dave, but there is some common heritage via the ownership. Woodstock and Grizzly have their common heritage at a higher level. "Grizzly" doesn't own ShopFox. (They do sell some of the products, however, and in particular some that are unique and not in the Grizzly green line) Woodstock International markets under the ShopFox name to the retail channel.

Dave Lehnert
10-01-2008, 9:41 PM
There are feature differences, Dave, but there is some common heritage via the ownership. Woodstock and Grizzly have their common heritage at a higher level. "Grizzly" doesn't own ShopFox. (They do sell some of the products, however, and in particular some that are unique and not in the Grizzly green line) Woodstock International markets under the ShopFox name to the retail channel.

Thanks!

Some time ago I looked on a government web site of some kind and the owner of Woodstock International/Shopfox and Grizzly tools were the same person S. Balolia. But that could have changed by now.