PDA

View Full Version : Its like winning the lottery......

Mike Heidrick
09-29-2008, 6:53 PM
Anyone here see the Dewalt Top 17 Finish carpenters contest?

I submitted an idea to build my daughter a play kitchen in the cabinets class.

I got the call today that I had been selected as one of the 17.

They are sending the tools (that I get to keep) out tomorrow so I can start the Kitchen.

Pretty crazy!!!

Don Abele
09-29-2008, 6:56 PM
Oooppss...Sorry Mike, that was my initial response when I read your post. :o

Really though...congrats - that's awesome. You'll have to show us what you get and what you make with it.

Be well,

Doc

Ken Fitzgerald
09-29-2008, 7:04 PM
Gloat?.....You should have labeled it as such!

Congrats Mike.

Don Bullock
09-29-2008, 7:28 PM
Congratulations. That's fantastic.:D

Eric Larsen
09-29-2008, 7:42 PM
The users here sure seem to win a lot of "best of" contests.

I can only hope that some day I feel like I have any business ENTERING one.

glenn bradley
09-29-2008, 7:52 PM
Yeah, Mon. Way to go.

Jim Becker
09-29-2008, 7:58 PM
Oh, my...that's very kewel! Congratulations!

Be sure and prove that the tools exist once they arrive, however... (hint...hint... ;) )

Greg Cole
09-29-2008, 8:03 PM
How very cool.....
I'm never one to win anything, then again ya gotta "play to win" and all. :rolleyes:. Seriously gloat worthy.

Greg

Per Swenson
09-29-2008, 8:41 PM
Good for you Mike!

That is excellent. Betcha ya it feels good hunh?

Per

Dave Lehnert
09-29-2008, 9:08 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/15/bill%20murray%20you%20suck.jpg

Good luck on your project.

Peter Quinn
09-29-2008, 9:24 PM
Congrats and good luck.

John Eaton
09-29-2008, 11:47 PM
That's too cool Mike!

-- John

Rich Engelhardt
09-30-2008, 6:49 AM
Hello,

Its like winning the lottery......
Nope - not at all.
Any dummy with a buck can buy a ticket and become a winner by "getting lucky".

When you're "good", you make your own "luck", is what I've always believed.

Nice job!

John Keeton
09-30-2008, 7:27 AM
OK, let's give credit where credit is due! Your daughter was the driving force here, so we expect a first rate play kitchen and pics to prove it! Congratulations!!

Mike Heidrick
09-30-2008, 8:07 AM
Thats what I told my wife - she is the reason I won. If she loves the kitchen I make I already won - everything else is icing.

Raymond Fries
09-30-2008, 5:09 PM
That is awesome.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Rod Sheridan
10-01-2008, 8:33 AM
Congratulations Mike, that's great.

Now what we need to do is to get Felder to sponsor a contest, you know where you get win a CF741S to make a birdhouse!

Or perhaps Minimax could sponsor a contest where you could win a tecnomax CU410 to make a mail box.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your new tools, and the experience of the contest completion.......Regards, Rod.

John Thompson
10-01-2008, 10:43 AM
With your luck Mike... Norm will probably pull up in a pick-up to deliver them and "hang out" a few days. :D
Congratulations on being "Mr. Lucky". :)

Sarge..

Rod Sheridan
10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
With your luck Mike... Norm will probably pull up in a pick-up to deliver them and "hang out" a few days. :D
Congratulations on being "Mr. Lucky". :)

Sarge..

Sarge, that would be neat.

Even though I'm not a fan of Norm, I met him at a show and he was very friendly and easy going in person. He certainly left me with a positive impression of himself.

I think it would be great to have some casual time with Norm to discuss woodworking.

regards, Rod.

John Thompson
10-01-2008, 1:37 PM
Interestingly enough.. I have never seen Norm's Show. I saw him at IWF but "Mr. Lucky" got to sit beside him at dinner when the SMC guys went to dinner on Thursday evening. I could not make it due to where I had to park in the rear and I have some circulation problems in my legs that I have to deal with. I wouldn't attempt to walk all the way around the outsdie of Georgia World Congress Center (about 2 miles) to get back to my vehicle as the show doors closed at 6 PM and you couldn't go through.

But.. that is why I call him "Mr. Lucky" after sitting beside Norm and then winning the tools. Simply... he's "Mr. Lucky". And I might add... a heck of a nice guy to boot and deserving of such luck. :) And that" Mike I refer too... not Norm who is probably a nice guy also.

Sarge..

Greg Cole
10-01-2008, 1:57 PM
I think it would be great to have some casual time with Norm to discuss woodworking.

I think having a beer with Tommy Silva would provide an equally entertaining chit chat... he's one handy SOB.

Ya going to post pics of the loot Mike?

Mike Heidrick
10-01-2008, 9:14 PM
Oh yeah - Pics are coming - tools will be here by Friday or Monday at the latest!

Dewalt TrackSaw tool review from he shop as well!

Pretty excited!!

Names and pics are up of the 17 finalists at www.dewalt.com/us/top17 (http://www.dewalt.com/us/top17)