PDA

View Full Version : 13" Gloat

Raymond Fries
09-29-2008, 5:26 PM
I bought this 22-580 from a guy on ebay as a "buy it now" for $279 and it had the dust collector attachment included. It happened to be in Osceola, IN where my brother lives. So I got Tracy to pick it up and he brought it to me last weekend; they were coming here for a wedding anyway. I saved $77.05 in shipping and a two hour drive to his house.

It is like new and was only used a few times.

I guess that settled the Delta vs DeWalt delima...

I am a happy guy.

Well my wife said "If you get the planer, I want a new sewing machine." I said "OK". Well she got a $1,000 Husquarvarna on sale for $600. She is a master of finding sale prices!

She's Happy, I'm Happy, Your Happy...

Enjoy your Day...

Lon LeBlanc
09-29-2008, 6:09 PM
Nice snag!! And, it's even better when relatives do the delivering for free!! After all...what's a brother for?

Lon

Curt Harms
09-29-2008, 7:48 PM
She's Happy, I'm Happy, Your Happy...

And Life is Fine!! Congratulations on a worthy gloat.:D I had that planer before I got a Jet J/P. It did a great job for me. The only problem I had was getting the depth lock to work properly. I fiddled with it and finally got it to work but have no idea what I did to fix it:o. The finish it produced was as good as I could have wanted. I tried the slower feed speed but for what I was planing I couldn't tell the difference between 60 cuts/inch and 90 cuts/inch as I recall so I used it in high speed feed mode. The "gear shift" was hard to move on mine and I took the screw out of the blue "gear shift" handle and removed it. Underneath there's a hex shaft and I used a socket on it in order to have more leverage. If the "shifter" isn't fully engaged the feed rollers won't turn. Move the speed control only with the machine running. Don't try to take too much off in one pass and the motor will thank you. Some have complained about the chip collection on this machine. The only time I had problems is when I planed some wet pressure treated. It produced long wet shavings that plugged the dust hood. Never had a problem with reasonably dry wood.

Enjoy the bargain.

Curt

Jim Becker
09-29-2008, 8:11 PM
That's a great deal, Raymond! Congratulations on that find.

Joe Mioux
09-29-2008, 9:39 PM
I also had that planer, before I bought my mm jp.

the shifting between 60 and 90 is hard.

the surface that planer left was very very nice!

you will love it.

joe

btw: make sure you use ear protection. it is loud on some woods.