PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly jointer G0656 - question

Scott Phillips
09-29-2008, 8:51 AM
Guys,

I put together the G0656 jointer and have a few questions for anybody who has one of these.

Is the fence supposed to sit on the tables or should it rest above the tables (if it does, how do you adjust it so it does)?

I thought I aligned the pulleys but there is a lot of vibration in the belt. the machine does not shake at all, but there is a lot of "flutter" in the belt.

I was measuring the flattness of the tables and it appears that the infeed table sags a little - I was measuring with a 4 ft level and I can slip 2 sheets of paper under the level at the end. Is that small enough not to worry about?

Thanks,
Scott

glenn bradley
09-29-2008, 8:58 AM
My G0490X has a similat type of fence. It has a proud area that rests on the outfeed table. I filed this flat(er) and applied a thin strip of UHMW material. Moves easy and no scratching.

As to the table, that seems like too much drop but, I would have to be very unhappy with the effect before I would start messing with DT way tables.

Peter Quadarella
09-29-2008, 9:05 AM
Scott, if you were checking flatness with a level, there is a better than 50% chance that the level is off rather than the jointer. If you want to know for sure, get a precision straightedge, but it doesn't sound bad anyway.

Regarding the belt, it sounds like it could be tensioned a bit more.

I was going to do the fix that Glenn said about the fence, but I'm not getting any scratches so far. If it starts to, I may apply the tape.

Scott Phillips
09-29-2008, 9:26 AM
Thanks guys, good thoughts. You're prob right about my level not being perfectly flat, but it was the flattest thing I had on hand! I also like the tape idea.

Thanks,
Scott