PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Rail/Stile Connect?

Jerry Olexa
05-14-2004, 9:18 PM
Have unusual raised panel project, This is for a cherry bed headboard. Top Rail will be angled and curved and span the total bed width, Stile joining rail will come in @ angle as well as slight curve. I plan to do the cuts on router table using regular panel bits, The angle and slight curve has my attention. Will they after routing still fit/work? The raised panels themselves should not be an issue I think. Any tips, help, advice would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry

Tom Thompson
05-14-2004, 10:39 PM
here's what I've done in the past.

I cut all the parts to final size. I added in 3/8" to the final size for the router bit set I use to fit together. All the angles were cut in and I dry fitted it to make sure I had good tight joints. Then I routed the cope and stile profiles into the already angled/patterned pieces. Hope that made sense.

Tom

Jerry Olexa
05-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Makes sense. I was thinking a dry fit in advance would work and then route the fittings as usual. I was only concerned about the angle causing not true fit later when routed, Well back to my old method: get some pine scraps and try it.Thanks Tom for your advice. Jerry