PDA

View Full Version : Copy and Paste question

Ross Lowry
09-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Alright I have this image that I want to copy and paste, but it will not let me paste it.
I want to make the overall design bigger and I thought the easiest way would be to copy, paste and align.
I am using Coreldraw 12.
Thanks to everyone who tries to help solve this mystery.
Ross

Darren Null
09-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Your receiving program has to have the ability to receive the pasted data. If you're doing it from corel to corel, select what you want and CTRL D to duplicate it

Rodne Gold
09-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Its "fill" is powerclipped . click on the graphic , go to effects , powerclip , extract contents , then click on the contents and order to back of page , you can then see the outline it was powerclipped into. Select all , copy , paste , resize , select the contents , go to effects , powerclip , place inside container and use the rectangle as the container to powerclip the "fill" back into the resized etc ractangle

Ross Lowry
09-28-2008, 4:04 PM
Thank you guys this was very helpful.
This image takes for ever to do anything with, is it my computer or coreldraw? I wouild think corel could process this image faster than what it is.
Again thanks to everyone!

Ross Lowry
09-28-2008, 5:13 PM
Here is the problem now.
When I click on the object and then ctrl+D it will take a while then an alarm pops up that says,

CorelDraw! Condition#1002--0689
A problem occurred accessing memory.

What do I do now????????????

Rodne Gold
09-29-2008, 2:20 AM
I had no hassles when I extracted the fill from the powerclip and then Ctrl C (copy) and Cntrl V (pasted) into a new drawing

Larry Bratton
09-29-2008, 6:53 PM
How much memory are you running Ross? I extracted that image from the power clip, copied it and pasted it into a new file, then Ctl D duplicated without issue. When I pasted it, it is 5.935" x 3.434". I am running 1-1/2 GB of memory on a Toshiba laptop. Their are also 26,928 objects. Lots of work there for sure.