PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Brad Schmid
05-14-2004, 5:35 PM
I have been lurking on SMC for over a year now. I have enjoyed reading many of your posts and have learned alot from the many talented people here. I thought it was time to at least step up and say thanks to everybody for making this a good place to visit. I feel like I know everybody here as if you were neighbors (some of you are just that :) ). Who knows, maybe I'll even eventually have something valuable to contribute. Enjoy the weekend time in the shop!

Cheers,
Brad

Lynn Sonier
05-14-2004, 6:16 PM
Brad, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. Lots of nice people hang out here and there's lots of advice - some of it is even good!

Tyler Howell
05-14-2004, 8:33 PM
That's it, that is it Brad!!!:mad: Lurking a year and no posts or pix???? You owe big time buddy. John! the Rag!
Will all the lurkers pleeeease step forward so I can greet you all at once!!!;)
This 3 & 4 at a time has got me POd. How am I suppose to do this right when you're walkin in willy nilly???? We better see non stop pix with all these nubeez that have been hanging around a while. :mad:

Charles McKinley
05-14-2004, 8:38 PM
Hi Brad,

Glad you finally jumped in. Don't worry about Tyler his bark is worse than his bite. ;)

Chris Padilla
05-14-2004, 8:41 PM
Tyler's okay...once he's medicated up a bit. Welcome to the USS SMC! Feel free to wade in an out of the water...it's invigorating! :D

Dale Thompson
05-14-2004, 8:50 PM
Brad,
WECOME TO THE CREEK!! :) Please don't be afraid to ask questions. You will never get a usable answer from me but there are a lot of very talented fish in "The Creek". They will not only get you where you want to go but they will do it SAFELY.

Don't worry about Tyler. He really IS a good guy WAY down deep. ;) We all miss him when he's gone but it sounds like he's overdue for another business trip. :cool: :)

Again, Brad, WELCOME!!

Dale T.

John Miliunas
05-14-2004, 9:15 PM
Dale, Chris....You guys leave my buddy Tyler alone! You're just mad that the voices aren't talking to YOU!

Don't listen to *THEM* guys, Brad! They just get a bit excited when a new guy shows up. BUT, then again, you're really NOT that much a "new" guy, are 'ya? Well, glad you finally jumped in and got yer feet wet. :) As you may have figured, this is a pretty fun and educational place to hang out. Tyler IS right about the pics, though! We *need* our fix! :mad: Now, if you'll excuse me; LOML tells me that a couple guys from the village are here to see me. Says it's something about a "missing person" or something. Hmmmm...wonder what they'd want with me? :rolleyes: :cool:

Todd Burch
05-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Welcome Brad! Another KATY-ITE!! WOO-HOO!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-15-2004, 7:54 AM
Welcome Brad! You and Todd both in Katy? That's a lot of talent in one town! Don't lurk anymore.... participate! Again, Welcome! :)

(P.S. Chris P. wasn't it your week to see that John M and Tyler got their medicines?) :confused: :eek: :p :D

Daniel Rabinovitz
05-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Brad
Welcome to Saw Mill creek and big Howdy! from
"South Western" Pennsylvania
Daniel :D

David Roach
05-15-2004, 11:52 AM
From one former lurker to another...Welcome!!

Brad Schmid
05-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks Guys! warm welcome from everyone for the new guy as always :)

Tyler/John - Ok, just to show that I did learn something from all y'all, and since I set myself up for this, I'll pay my dues and satisfy the need for graphics :D Unfortunately you'll have to follow the link since I haven't figured out how to display automatically an uploaded pic yet. If it works, you should see a round chunk-o-wood...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7294
BTW - flame Walnut platter 15 1/2" dia

Todd - getting to be quite a contingency from Katy I guess. I'm your neighbor about 3 miles to the north.

Daniel - You must live in the general area of my hometown of Mars, PA somewhere....

Keep the good info flowin'
Cheers,
Brad

John Miliunas
05-16-2004, 9:15 PM
Brad, link doesn't work. Attachments are pretty easy here at SMC, though. First, make sure your jpg isn't more that 100kb in size and it should max out at either 600 pixels horizontal. When you're done with your text, go to the "Additional Options" at the bottom of the post page and hit the "Manage Attachments" buttom. When the next winder shows up, "browse" to the file on your machine, select it, then hit the "upload" buttom. It usually takes a bit before it appears. If you have more pics (up to 5), repeat the procedure. When you're done, hit "close this window". Unfortunately, you can't "preview post" after that to actually see it. Just hit the "Submit Reply" button and you should see the actual post. If you need to edit, you can do so afterwards. Good luck! :cool:

Brad Schmid
05-16-2004, 9:48 PM
OK, Lets try this pic thing again with John's help :)

Flame walnut platter 15 1/2" diameter.

Jim Becker
05-16-2004, 10:18 PM
That platter is "yum"!! Very nice. Very, very nice.

John Miliunas
05-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Gee, sorry I helped! That pic just knocked my self-esteem down a notch or twenty! :( Seriously,....No, seriously, that DID knock the crap outta' me! My stuff just doesn't come out THAT nice! :rolleyes: OK, that notwithstanding, beautiful piece, Brad! Wonderful markings on the wood and it's quite obvious you're not new to this "spinny thing" stuff! Great job! :cool:

Tyler Howell
05-16-2004, 11:05 PM
That's a start. More Please.

A very good start.
TX Brad;)

Brad Schmid
05-17-2004, 1:16 PM
Thanks Jim & John - I appreciate the kind words.

I can tell it's gonna be a challenge to satisfy Tyler thirst for quantity :D