PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at Pics

Mike Vermeil
03-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Well, I found Badger Pond too late to post any pictures of my work, so I thought I'd give it a shot here & see if I can get it to work.

I don't have any digital images of more recent work, so I thought I'd share a pic of an amoire (sp?) that I built for some friends a few years ago. It was designed to be used for clothing in their bedroom (hence the solid panels), but after moving a while ago, it is now used for A/V equipment in their living room.

The carcases of all four components are made of knotty pine plywood (it was great to work with), with the the face frames in solid sugar pine. The door rails and stiles, the panels of the center doors, and the crown molding were all cut from solid sugar pine, with the panels of the side cabinets from 1/4" knotty pine ply. The drawers in the dresser portion are 1/2" baltic birch.

It came out pretty good (and paid for my upgrade to a Unisaw), but I'm sure you can see that the middle cabinet is racking. The floor that the unit is now on is uneven, and the left side cabinet is pushing cross-wise on the center cabinet. Soon we'll shim things around to straighten it out. However, if I had to do it again, I'd run the face frame across the bottom of the center cabinet to eliminate any possibility of racking. I eliminated it from the original design for astetic reasons.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Mike Vermeil
03-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Sorry for the poor quality of the pic. I guess it's not so obvious that the center is racking.

Jim Izat
03-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Great Job, Mike!

Jim Izat

bob stotts
03-12-2003, 11:49 AM
all in all mike looks like you got it all right nice job . We all learn a little every time we build something .

bob stotts

Ted Shrader
03-12-2003, 1:15 PM
Mike -

Looks like you did a good job! Thanks for posting.

Ted

Lee Schierer
03-12-2003, 3:31 PM
If you learned something on every project you are doing good. That cabinet looks great from my seat.

I'm sure it will be great once it is leveld.

Stan Smith
03-12-2003, 4:22 PM
the pic of your nice work came through just fine. I haven't posted any pics on here yet, but now I know who to ask, heh,heh.

Stan