PDA

View Full Version : Corel Menus & Tools Disappeared - HELP!

Dee Gallo
09-26-2008, 1:13 PM
I know I should know this, but how do I get my menus and tools back? They just disappeared... I was using Corel this AM and closed the doc and when I went back to work on it, NO MENUS, NO TOOLS. I tried f8 but it did not reset to factory settings. I tried "alt w" but even when selecting tools to show, they don't show. Plus I really need the menus! Now what?

Thanks to anyone who cn help, I'm dead in the water here.

- dee:o

Bruce Volden
09-26-2008, 1:27 PM
Dee

How did you use F8?? It needs to be depressed when you launch Corel and held down til Corel opens. Try that??

Bruce

Dee Gallo
09-26-2008, 1:36 PM
Yes I did use F8, but it did not reset to factory settings, it just erased all of my recent history and left me with no menus and no tools... and no more access to ALT W. It might be time to re-install completely.

Thanks, dee

Mike Null
09-26-2008, 3:44 PM
Dee

Try right clicking in the area where the toolbars should be.

That should bring up a tool window which will let you select the tool bars you want. If that works be sure to save it as the default.

Before you do a reinstall try doing a repair. You'll need the program cd.

It should do the job and only takes a few minutes.

Dee Gallo
09-26-2008, 4:56 PM
Thanks, Mike, that would work if I had any menus to maneuver with! I had gotten the toolbox choice window up with ALT W but it would not save any of my choices. I ended up going to a restore point and that brought me back to where I was before the glitch. Reminds me why I prefer a Mac system.

cheers, dee