PDA

View Full Version : Before going up ya gotta go down!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Monday I posted the pictures of the Cat front end loader struggling with the rootball of my Colorado-relocated english walnut tree. The guy had to pay for 6 cubic yards to dispose of the rootball.
Tuesday they brought in 10 cu. yds. of "fines" and used a backhoe to fill the hole and compact the fines. That afternoon they used the backhoe to dig the hole for the footings.
Wednesday they framed the footings and I waited around for the inspection.
Thursday morning they poured the footings and precut the material for forms for the walls.
Friday they are going to build the forms for the walls, get the inspection in the morning and pour the walls Friday afternoon.

Slowly my shop is going down and then UP^!!!!!! :D :D

Tyler Howell
05-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Looking good Ken,

But I think it's gotta be a little bigger:D!

John Miliunas
05-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Good for you, Ken! That has really GOT to be super-exciting! :D I'll bet you spend most of your time walking around with this silly looking grin on your face! :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Tyler, it's 30'x24'. I agree with you :rolleyes: BUT :eek: the LOML, CFO and SWMBO wasn't willing to work for another 10 years to pay for it. :( :confused: This one takes up about 30% of our backyard. :cool: :p

Ken Fitzgerald
05-13-2004, 11:38 PM
John......... :D :D :D :D :D :p :D :D :D

Tyler Howell
05-14-2004, 6:59 AM
Tyler, it's 30'x24'. I agree with you :rolleyes: BUT :eek: the LOML, CFO and SWMBO wasn't willing to work for another 10 years to pay for it. :( :confused: This one takes up about 30% of our backyard. :cool: :p
What's back yard but another distraction from the toyls:p

Robert Ducharme
05-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Ken, there is one more advantage to putting up that shop

You don't need to mow that part of the lawn anymore :D

Jim Ketron
05-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Looks like a good start Ken when you get finished you can come build me one too!:D
Maybe one of these day's I can move out of the garage into a nice shop It's a hassle to pull out one tool and then put it back to use another
Congratulations on your new shop:)
Jim

Ken Fitzgerald
05-15-2004, 8:17 AM
Jim, I've been working off my carport for several years. Same scenario....done for the day?.....No....spend an hour putting everything away and sweep the carport to be sure no screws or nails will penetrate the car tires.........LOML insists we should use the carport as a carport .....she's willing to share but I couldn't take it over.... :confused: As far as building you one......I'll give you the name of my contractor.......I don't think he's licensed in your neck of the woods! :p

Bruce Page
05-15-2004, 11:44 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gif It's looking good Ken! I'm looking forward to seeing some concrete poured and walls sprouting up!

It's nice & green up there in Idaho, Keep the pictures coming!